AI Data Engineer-047200
5 + years of experience
The Data Engineer will work with Fortune 100 clients on Data Modernization initiatives
We seek Data Software Engineers that
- are skilled wrangling structured, semi-structured, unstructured for streaming and batch data sources
- are able to lead proofs-of-concepts and then scale those concepts into production
- can serve as an experts in leveraging and implementing emerging data technologies
- Experienced working with enterprise scale solutions - high performance, scalability, & reliability
- Experienced in Azure Cloud Platform (ADLS, Blob)
- Good grasp of different data formats like JSON, Avro, Parquet and other prevalent big data file formats
- Experience designing, developing, optimizing and troubleshooting complex data-intensive applications using Spark, HDFS and other big data related technologies
- Python Development - focused mainly at data transformation and wrangling
- PySpark Development
- Spark Development
- Experience working tools like Git, Pycharm, Jupyter, Triafacta
- Azure Databricks – Experience in developing data pipelines to transform, aggregate and or process data using Azure Databricks platform
- Knowledge of Databricks Delta is an advantage
- Apache Airflow experience
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Software Engineers perform requirements analysis. They then design, develop or maintain the physical application (components) or the application environment, based on the Software Architecture (models and principles). Activities include coding, integrating, implementing, installing or changing frameworks and standard components, or technical and functional application management. A Software Engineer also develops languages, methods, frameworks and tools, and/or undertakes activities in support of server-based databases in development, test and production environments.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an experienced Software Engineer. You have received training and mastered at least one technology environment. You are good at elaborating technology areas and have an ability to position them within the scope of an overall project. You are a member of at least one community.
- Qualification: 3 – 7 (2 years min relevant experience in the role) years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
- Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
- Should have progressing knowledge in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering, Testing, Data Management, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Primary Location US-Rhode Island
Other Locations US-Connecticut, US-Massachusetts, US-New Hampshire, US-New York