Project Engineer opportunity with Traylor Bros., Inc.!
Traylor Bros., Inc. (TBI) National Heavy Civil division provides comprehensive, cutting-edge heavy civil/underground construction services through traditional and non-traditional delivery methods. TBI has completed more than 135 complex bridge construction and rehabilitation projects across the nation, including world record cable-stayed structures and segmental bridges. The group also has a history of providing some of the country’s largest port authorities and the maritime industry with the construction of deep water container piers, wharf facilities, transit terminals, locks, and dams.
What makes us different?
Our Mission is to excel at constructing complex infrastructure safer, better, and faster by engaging the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit of our team members and providing limitless opportunity for personal and professional growth in a close knit and collaborative organization.
Our Core Values:
Safety. We are committed to providing a safe work environment. This is always our priority.
People. Our talented team is our greatest asset. We provide opportunity, reward performance, and support a positive and balanced work environment.
Innovation. We have the ability to engineer creative solutions to overcome any obstacle.
Ethics. We are honest and ethical in all our business dealings.
Communication. We encourage open and honest communication throughout our organization.
Community. We add value to our industry and the communities in which we work.
Manages daily operations including the staff. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Coordinates project activities with Traylor personnel and joint venture partners
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the project; including safety, performance, budget, scheduling, equipment management and quality
- Leads the project team
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Work with and be part of the estimating departments during project procurement phases
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management. Travel as required to attend, but not limited to, meetings, site visits, training, etc. Ability to relocate as needed
Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on a team
- Leadership ability
- Organizational skills
- Mathematical skills
- Technical skills
- Bachelor’s degree required or 20 years of supervisory experience in the industry
- At least 10 years of heavy civil construction experience required
- Design, project management and supervisory experience required
- Marine and Foundation Construction experienced preferred