ATF Aerospace is a growth-oriented supplier of precision machined parts. We are presently searching for a cost estimating engineer to lead and support the growth of our business.
This position’s primary responsibility is for cost estimating and quotation of customer bids, packages along with developing the work routers for jobs released to the plant. This position requires a strong working knowledge of CNC manufacturing, related outside operations and blue print reading. This person will also be expected to have good communications skills as the position is the primary interface with customers.
The cost estimating engineer has several key responsibilities that include:
· Cost Estimating: Reading and interpreting customer prints/specifications for customer quotes and long term agreements.
· Support production team members in the development and implementation of standard work routers geared towards efficient utilization of work cell space, equipment and product flow.
· Evaluate manufacturing processes with the goal of continuously improving process performance, machine utilization and reduction in set-up time.
· Develop CNC programs for both lathe and milling programs, and troubleshoot the associated processes at the shop floor level.
· Proactively participates with customers and suppliers on the determination of required product specifications.
· Create systems and plan production to ensure all products meet quality control standards.
· Develop standards for production and design by working with clients and management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiarity with precision machining, both lathe and mill.
- Experience with CNC operating and programing.
- Knowledge and experience with hand tools.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to troubleshoot manufacturing processes at the shop floor level based on strong knowledge of cutting tool applications, GD&T, and proficient use of precision measuring gauges.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline, preferably manufacturing.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- cost estimating: 3 years (Required)
- manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)