Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Our Wyomissing, PA office is looking to fill the role of Project Engineer/Specialist. Reporting to the Lead Project Engineer, this position offers you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with other engineers and designers. You will perform the project engineering function on substation design projects from inception to completion, which may include commissioning, handover and warranty management.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Capable of producing station one lines, key plans (layouts), conduit plans, lightning, grounding calculations, lighting plans, station typical elevations and BOMs.
- Coordination with equipment vendors, clients and rest of the design disciplines
- Incorporating substation studies in detail design
- Attending meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare Construction and Review packages
- Performing QA/QC and peer review on Construction and Review packages
- Plan, organize and manage the day to day activities of the project from inception through engineering, construction, commissioning and record drawing process.
- Provide status reports on the progress of the project(s) to the client
- Coordinate with construction and responding to Request for Information (RFI)
- Work closely with our Physical, P&C & Civil/Structural team to produce complete station drawing packages
- Ability to work closely with Senior Engineer/Leads to meet project timelines, understand client specific requirements (standards & specifications) and applicable codes & regulations for preparing physical electrical packages
- Capable of reviewing equipment specifications and vendor drawings
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Solid understanding of substation project scope and deliverables
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, develop strong relationships and manage personnel for the execution of deliverables.
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, electrical preferred or related field with a minimum of 8 years of substation physical design experience
- Registered PE preferred or eligible for PE
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job Type: Full-time
- substation physical design: 8 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement