WCNY seeks a dynamic, self-motivated and customer service focused individual to be responsible for the ongoing, assessment, installation and maintenance for the uninterrupted operation of all its media distribution platforms including but not limited to computer and network operations, broadcast and production systems of its TV & Radio stations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and operate the electronics, and broadcasting equipment that keeps the stations on the air. Establishes maintenance procedures and periodic checks to ensure high quality performance of all (TV & Radio) broadcast & transmission equipment at studio & transmission towers located in Syracuse, Sentinel Heights, Utica, Pompey & Watertown.
- Troubleshoot to the board, module or component level as required.
- Work safely with single phase and 3 phase AC power systems up to 480 Volts and with low voltage high current DC power and distribution systems.
- Install wiring of all types through walls and overhead, cable trays, passageways or under raised floors; to bend and shape conduits (thinwall) and to work with PVC or Rigid conduits when necessary.
- Work with Bolt-On breakers and other electrical components, including fused and un-fused disconnects, and distribution equipment including transfer switches, surge suppressors, line voltage regulators and transformers
- Ensure station is in compliance with federal and local regulations.
- Provide ongoing assessment installation and maintenance of all radio and television broadcast equipment to include RF, IT, analog, digital, production, and editing.
- Purchase, manage and maintain inventory of spare parts and supplies.
- Troubleshoot unexpected situations confidently, calmly and effectively.
- Write and update documentation for all systems, workflows, etc.
- Communicates with other members to effectively resolve equipment and system issues.
Qualifications, Requirements and Skills
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a broadcast environment.
- This would include analog and digital audio and video systems, and familiarity with the associated server and transport systems.
- AAS Degree in electronics technology or equivalent experience. Ability to troubleshoot analog and digital circuitry to the component level preferred, but board level acceptable.
- Post graduate SBE Certification or equivalent experience necessary.
- Panasonic Cameras, Ross Switchers, SSL Audio (MADI based) and Ross CG in studio.
- A working knowledge of Grounding and Bonding to reduce noise in electric circuits and to prevent lightning and static damage.
- GatesAir and PRE Audio for FM. Evertz and GatesAir STL Transport for TV and FM.
- Ability to work with single and 3 phase AC power circuits up to 480 volts. DC power circuits in a wide range of voltages and currents.
- Provide support for Solid State FM and UHF TV transmitters, including those 60 miles from Syracuse.
- Experience with liquid cooling systems, including pumps, heat exchangers, and temperature and flow control essential.
- TVRO Satellite systems experience also desirable.
- Experience with HVAC systems helpful, but not required.
- Diesel based Emergency Power familiarity also helpful.
- Clear and concise communication with manufacturer’s technical support, vendors, State and Federal agencies and other engineers as well as co-workers a must, including telephone and e-mail support for viewers and listeners.
- Knowledge of FCC Rules and Filings and keeping of logs.
WCNY is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative