Nan Ya Plastics is a leading producer of polyester raw materials. Our local facility in Lake City, SC currently employs 950 people. Overall, we have been in business over 50 years and employ over 70,000 people worldwide. We are an international company, progressive in nature, and provide excellent opportunities to gain experience in a hands-on environment. Our process is totally automated, advanced, and provides unlimited learning opportunities.
- Provide support for higher members of management and supervise Assistant Supervisors and operators to ensure that the day-to-day work of the section is completed.
- Lead a team toward the production and improvement of manufacturing systems.
- Evaluate materials and develop chemical processes in polyethylene terephthalate (PET) production that meet standards and performance specifications with analysis and simulation of chemical transport phenomena.
- Design and modify the reactor for production trials to evaluate alternative materials or additives and enhance polyester fiber/filament manufacturing process.
- Perform PET complex and methodical analysis to troubleshoot reasons for failure of materials, compounds, or processes and identify countermeasures with polymer materials analysis.
- Exercise good judgment in the management of assigned responsibilities.
- Perform the work listed in the standard operating procedures as well as work assigned by upper management.
- Report to work for the scheduled hours and be able to appropriately respond to situations which require attention outside of regularly scheduled hours to complete assignments.
- Maintain documentation on production according to ISO 9001:2000 requirements.
- Follow and maintain GMP guidelines in areas where they are established.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Textile, or Industrial Engineering
- Must be able to safely perform all tasks required by the job
- Ability to multitask
- Strong communication and leadership skills
We offer competitive benefits including employer paid Medical/Dental insurance, 401K with company match, pension, paid vacation, and holidays.
This is an Exempt position. Compensation based on NACE standards.
Nan Ya Plastics is an equal employment opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location