AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
Monitors and improves processes in order to maintain or enhance quality, HSE, service and costs level by troubleshooting (Root Cause) manufacturing processes and is responsible for the industrialization of new products & new manufacturing processes, on a manufacturing site including transfers, MOC´S and NPI´S.
- Monitors the process performance through metrics such as RFT, MME, OEE, cost productivity, customer complaints, Waste Indices and takes action as required to correct adverse trends, performing plant based process investigations
- Develops plans to improve the above performance through focused improvement activities (in conjunction with the operations group) along with capital project and other CI/ALPS initiatives
- Interfaces with off site functions such as R&D/marketing/Supply chain and central engineering for the industrialization of new products, new raw materials, new packaging and recipe changes ensuring that changes on site are controlled and managed
- This Process Engineer will need to be multi-faceted: Able to communicate to various levels, able to understand quickly and interpret need, lead teams, drive results through others that are not direct reports
- Provides expertise for on site operations group during process related troubleshooting issues- hands on with production operators/quality techs
- For capital projects, executes process studies, contributes to pre-projects and performs initial project scoping and business case development, handing over to the project group for execution (except minor projects, < 500k)
- During project execution, plays a major role in commission, start-up and training, and then owning the technology for the site
- Multiple concurrent projects at any time varying from small to large ($500K) in scope.
- Stays informed about, amongst others, relevant technology, company news and current quality and SHE standards, and takes action if necessary. Identifies what the pertinent information is to use
- Develops process standardization (where applicable) and contributes to reduce variability on the different site processes
- Manages manufacturing related NPI activity coordination
- Promotes the quality system through adhering to the elements of and being familiar with the philosophy, quality statement, quality manual, and procedures
- Attend and participate in Powder Plant Programs/Committees/Training as required, such as Department Safety, Plant Safety, Behavioral Safety, Housekeeping Audit Teams, ISO, Life Saving Rules or any other safety programs
- Performs other duties as required for the success of Akzo Nobel Coatings Inc.
Degree in mechanical, chemical, or Process engineering
3-5 years of experience as CI, Process Engineering or Chemist roles experience, 2-3 years preferably in the Coatings industry, ideally in Powder Coatings industry
Ability to utilize usual IT tools and software eg. SAP and MSOffice
Ability to work independently, but as part of a team
Ability to manage projects, sometimes multiple projects
Ability to communicate to employees in different business units and different levels in same business unit
Fluent in English
AkzoNobel is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable laws, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Requisition ID: 13867
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location