THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN CUMBERLAND, RI. POSITION IS NOT FULLY REMOTE.
Hart Design Group, Ltd. located in Cumberland, Rhode Island, a member of the Hart Companies, is seeking an Structural Engineer to join its expanding Civil/Structural department. Hart Design Group offers specialized professional Design Services to leading Bio-Pharma and Pharmaceutical clients, as well as prominent research institutions. We provide a full range of project services for both laboratories and manufacturing facilities including Master Planning, Code Review and Analysis, Design, Permitting Support and Construction Administration.
Hart is known for our professional expertise, our respect for the contributions of each individual, our collegial work atmosphere, and producing the highest standards of quality work in the industry.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented and energetic professional to lead and grow this key business segment for an established and successful firm.
- Perform field inspections to determine accurate existing conditions.
- Perform calculations required for the sizing and arrangement of structural members.
- Preform calculations to determine the capacities of existing structural members and systems for the addition of new loads.
- Review architectural, mechanical, process, and electrical system designs for their inter-relationship with structural elements.
- Perform code analysis to ensure compliance with appropriate model codes (IBC, State building codes, ACI318, AISC Steel Construction Manual,).
- Develop details for wide spectrum of structural elements including building structures, platforms, equipment supports and pipe bridges.
- Ability to write / edit specifications for structural and architectural components and scope.
- Working knowledge of SAP2000 and STAAD is a plus.
- Working knowledge of current AUTOCAD, REVIT software a plus
- BS Civil Engineering
- 0-3 Years’ Experience
- EIT Certification, a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $57,015.00 - $126,328.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Are you willing to relocate to Rhode Island or the RI area?
- What is your BS degree in?
- Engineer In Training (Preferred)
Work Location: One location