Established in 1974, Sidock Group is a full service multi-disciplined firm with offices throughout Michigan. Sidock Group, Inc. is a service-based organization whose primary mission is to provide innovative, engineered solutions tailored to our clients' individual needs. To further this mission, we promote long-term client relationships, remain closely involved with our clients and their projects, and assemble qualified and dedicated teams for each project in efforts to assure that our clients receive the services they expect and deserve.
Sidock Group offers competitive salaries with an excellent benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and 401(k) Tax-Deferred savings plan.
Sidock Group, Inc. has employment opportunities for an Electrical Project Engineer in Novi, MI. The ideal candidate will have an experience level of 0 to 10 years.
- Technical site engineering for commercial, industrial, governmental, and aviation projects.
- Prepare drawing packages for all stages of projects from initial concept, studies, site plan and client approval, through permitting, bidding, & construction.
- Develop drawing packages utilizing AutoCAD, Microstation V8 & Microstation V8i for equipment layout, grounding, wiring, and associated details.
- Review client and National Electric Code (NEC) requirements to develop site layouts and meet special requirements.
- Review and incorporate client specific design standards to projects.
- Review equipment vendor documentation to determine installation and integration requirements.
- Work closely with designers, engineers, and project managers to coordinate electrical design with other disciplines, both within the firm and partnering consultants, to meet project deliverables.
- Assist in preparation of project and equipment specification documents.
- Assist in review of RFI’s, contractor submittals, and shop drawings.
- Develop electrical wiring drawings such as one-line diagrams and schematics.
- Develop and maintain CAD standards and templates.
- Client interface as part of the team.
- Site visits for field measurements & inspections.
- Assist in preparation of technical reports, project cost estimates, and engineering studies.
- Assist with writing proposals and RFP’s.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent ABET accredited degree.
- Completion of the FE exam is a plus.
- Flexibility in work hours to meet project deadlines required.
- Construction experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Arc-Flash, short-circuit, relay-coordination studies is a plus.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Able to interface and perform in a team-based environment, and individually.
- Proficient in Adobe, Microsoft Office, and AutoCAD programs.
- Knowledge of motor starter and motor control is desired.
- PLC programming and HMI development is a plus.
- Control panel fabrication background is a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance