Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring an Associate Consultant, Energy Integration in the Customer Organization located in Providence, Rhode Island.
National Grid is looking for a customer-facing professional who will own and manage the relationship with complex distributed generation applicants throughout the company’s E2E interconnection process. Successful candidates will have strong technical and project management skills, enabling customer sponsored DG (Distributed Generation) projects to be interconnected cost effectively, within state regulated timelines, while achieving high customer satisfaction. This role will act as the customer’s primary point of contact guiding them through regulatory, legislative and technical obligations, obtaining and interpreting technical documentation, performing preliminary screenings/feasibility reviews as necessary, drafting contractual agreements, and coordinating complex DG projects with multitude of internal and external stakeholders throughout the construction process. As a DG subject matter expert, the candidate will also be expected to provide outreach and educate others on DG initiatives.
- Manage DG projects with customers, external vendors, contractors and consultants to ensure timely delivery of utility services and completion of the project.
- Conduct engineering screenings/feasibility reviews, maintain work management system and update procedures to support the design solutions that enhance Distributed Generation programs.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with network strategy, account development, inside and outsides sales, regulatory, energy product & program management, jurisdictional teams and external vendors in order to facilitate communications, integrate work and ensure the successful delivery of company’s products and programs.
- Challenge existing policies and procedures to continuously seek ways to enhance customer service and cost-effectiveness.
- Coordinate internal and external resources assigned to perform comprehensive engineering studies (i.e. Impact, CESIR, etc), commissioning analysis and reports in order to ensure timely delivery of DG projects per applicable jurisdictional tariffs.
- Provide technical guidance, support and coaching to others, (both internally and externally) in order to share knowledge and increase understanding of Distributed Generation programs and services.
- Analyze and evaluate developments in Distributed Generation and Renewable Energy technologies in order to identify impact of different scenarios on the business and strategies for integrating cost efficiencies.
- Ensure projects are following appropriate accounting procedures.
- Negotiate, develop and administer all aspects of interconnection related agreements.
- Provide energy efficiency and growth leads to the sales organization as applicable.
- Update and maintain company websites with latest program information.
- Represent National Grid as needed in various industry associations
- Bachelor’s degree required in an engineering field or in project management and 0-4 years of work experience. PE, DGCP and/or PMP certification desired.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to develop proficiency with NY, MA, RI and NH tariffs, especially as they relate to Distributed Generation
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret information and analyze relationships among several parts of a problem or situation in order to clearly articulate the findings and anticipates obstacles and thinks ahead about next steps.
- Understands and identifies training or developmental needs of others and has the ability to design and establish new programs of work to support them.
- Understands theory behind policies and processes and demonstrates the ability to challenge existing processes and ways of working e.g. taking action to avoid future crisis or create opportunities to improve existing practices.
- Prior work experience in reviewing and discussing CHP/DG feasibility reviews, system impact studies and working successfully with consulting engineers and contractors preferred.
Valid driver’s license required with a safe driving history that meets National Grid’s Safe Driver policy.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.