Versum Materials, a part of the Performance Materials business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, is a best-in-class electronic materials company providing high-purity chemicals and gases, delivery systems, services and materials expertise to meet the evolving needs of the global semiconductor, display and LED markets.
Versum Materials is seeking a Quality Engineer at our Allentown, PA (Vultee Site) location to help Quality Management drive improvements to processes throughout the facility.
The Quality Engineer will work as a hands-on Quality Engineer with responsibilities to help improve manufacturing operations with strategic goals assigned by the Quality Manager. This individual will also help to support manufacturing and customer requirements, specifically regarding implementation into DSS site quality processes.
This position will require work activities within the manufacturing, engineering, warehouse and CTL Laboratory areas in addition to the QAF and quality office areas of the DSS Vultee Street site. This position may require some flexibility to meet site coverage.
- Ensure products (including services) are developed, manufactured, tested and delivered according to established procedures that will assure that they meet all quality requirements.
- Ability to drive projects from the quality perspective to help improve Engineering, Manufacturing and quality processes within the facility.
- Capable of analyzing data, facts, and informed opinion to direct the development of effective action plans.
- Manage competing priorities and provide adequate support to QAF staff as needed.
- Ability to conduct investigations, employ logic, and implement decisions from within the Quality organization.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert (SME) in support of quality process and site improvement initiatives.
- Ability to understand technical details (mechanical design, controls) of products to help troubleshoot and drive improvements.
- Works with Area management to help resolve any issues identified
- BA/BS degree in technical discipline with 2-4 years’ experience; or equivalent practical experience (5+ years within industry and/or Operations/Quality/Engineering within a manufacturing and customer serving environment.)
- Experience in an operational or development setting with demonstrated knowledge of techniques for assessing the quality of processes and the ability to guide others in these activities
- Demonstrated ability for effective communication, teamwork, and hands-on problem solving.
- Experience in Semiconductor/microelectronics or related areas
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Relevant work experience with a proven track record of managing quality and process improvements and systems
- Experience/certified in six sigma methodology and/or quality improvement
- Effective use of quality improvement tools, principles and methodologies
- Logical and creative thinker
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and SAP ERP system
- Willingness to occasionally travel locally as needed
If you are a current Versum employee, please apply for this position via the internal Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Versum Materials, will be contacted.
Versum Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic information or veteran status.