Managed Services Tier 2 Engineer
Century Business Technologies is growing fast and is looking to add a highly focused and customer service driven individual to our Technical Support Team. This position will provide direct client support for our growing list of business clients in the Kansas marketplace along with management of our internal business applications. This position will also have options for personal and professional growth, challenging assignments, training opportunities and the ability to have true ownership of their work. We invite you to become one of our technology rock stars who will continue to develop and expand your skills and impact to our community.
Keys to Success
While previous experience is important, a passion for technology, a desire to deliver amazing customer service and an internal drive for self-development are the real keys to success at Century. We love to grow within and are always pushing our team to grow and achieve more. Our company culture is critical to our success and the following personal attributes will ensure an amazing career at Century Business Technologies.
Service and client focused
High level of communication
Core Values (Integrity, Dedication, Innovative, Adaptable, Team Player)
The Managed Services Tier 2 Engineer is responsible for implementing new technology as well as onsite/remote support for internal/external clients with a focus on a shortened time-to-resolution and detailed documentation. The Managed Services Tier 2 Engineer will work independently on some tasks and as part of a team in others with the goal of supporting all managed clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implementation of new technology for client networks and environments using industry Best Practices and Standardizations.
- Remotely support customer's network environments by troubleshooting of basic to intermediate issues related to all aspects of IT on an as needed basis for overflow situations; accurate documentation time tracking for service tickets daily; escalating complex customer issues to senior IT staff and/or third-party vendors as appropriate.
- Acts as resource for other Help Desk Engineers for escalation of advanced support issues as needed
- Creation and updating of customer documentation related to the installation of new technology
- Attends EOL Level 10 and other business meetings to collaborate with fellow support engineers and management team members to develop "best practices" policies and procedures, and to identify and resolve issues to help create a flexible and efficient organization.
Benefits at Century Business Technologies
Salaried, full-time exempt employees, to include the following:
- Competitive Pay & Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K retirement Plan - Company match up to 4% after 1 year
- Health & Dental Plan –Premiums subsidized by company
- Short Term Disability & AD&D Insurance – Company Paid
- Supplemental Insurance (Cancer, LTD, Eyecare, Critical Illness, Add’l Life)– Available
- Life Insurance – Company paid 1x Annual base pay up to $100K
- Cell phone allowance
- 360 Employee Recognition Award Program
- Lots and lots of fun (picnics, parades, holiday and quarterly events, charities and much more)!
While personal attributes are critical at Century Business Technologies, certifications and technical experience goes a long way to finding that right person for our team. Having experience in these areas will help provide quick success at our company.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certifications/training/experience in information technology, computer science, engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of broad experience with a variety of software and hardware solutions and adaptability required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Microsoft Windows Server, including installation, setup and troubleshooting.
- Advanced knowledge of current technology and networking troubleshooting (DNS, switches, firewalls, VPN, etc.) is required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; providing exceptional customer service
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Team player with the ability to take ownership of an area, following assigned tasks through to successful completion
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of the following: Windows Desktop Operating Systems, Windows Server Operating systems, Email, DNS, Client & Server level email, Outlook/Exchange 365, Networking (incl. firewalls, wireless, VPN, switching, etc.), Active Directory, Backup & disaster recovery solutions, Antivirus and spyware/malware/system remediation; Virtualization.
- Comptia, Microsoft, or other IT field related certification helpful
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail