Particle Measuring Systems is a global leader for micro-contamination monitoring equipment improving the performance of clean manufactures in the semiconductor and pharmaceutical markets. We’re a growing technology company in Boulder, Colorado; the heart of the Rocky Mountains. We offer an exceptional and rewarding work environment in a great place to live. Our employees enjoy challenging projects in development and manufacture of light scattering particle counters and diverse technologies and applications.
We offer competitive salary and benefit programs including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability programs (company paid)
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending program
- Paid time off
- Onsite clinic for employees to emphasize health and well-being in the workplace
To facilitate our growth and continue to provide world-class products to our customers, we are seeking a talented and experienced Quality Engineer to join our Production Department.
- Works with Engineering, Product Development and Manufacturing to ensure that quality standards are established for each manufacturing and production process within the operation.
- Supervises the timely processing of complaints, nonconformity (MRR), returned goods and Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) activities including the processing, database management and data trending.
- Work with engineering and supply chain to change material designs (drawings) for ease of manufacture at the supplier without impacting function and address incoming quality issues
- Establishes performance metrics, statistical methods, and data collection practices such that data is readily and regularly accessible to management teams.
- Accountable for all control plans and PFMEA within the manufacturing and quality operations.
- Responsible for investigations of all incidents related to products and the appropriate reporting of such events to management
- Oversee and participate in incoming inspection, finish good inspections and final product release for distribution.
- Participate in daily standup meetings to understand what quality concerns the line has and work with the manufacturing engineers to take action to resolve
- Oversee and train personnel in the inspection of raw materials, in-process and finished goods using statistical sampling techniques and precision measuring instruments to check conformance to requirements.
- Verify that all production procedures have been followed and the records such as Final Test Reports and Calibration Data Records have all been completed properly
- Design inspection/validation steps to be taken by operations at the point of manufacture and integrate these steps into the manufacturing instructions.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree minimum in Mechanical/Electrical/or Industrial Engineering required.
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with tight tolerance measurement systems in machining applications, blueprint reading, GD&T.
Working knowledge of short run process control methods, DOE, ISO standards, and quality system regulations.
Will consider relevant experience in combination with professional certifications in lieu of a degree.
Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and communication skills. Individual is able to work with minimal supervision and actively participate in a team oriented, continuous improvement, and manufacturing environment.
We are not accepting resumes or calls from outside agencies regarding this position at this time. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please submit a cover letter in the same document as your resume detailing how your qualifications and experience align with the job description.
Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Engineer: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement