We are looking for a Discrete Element Modeling Engineer (DEM) with up to 5 years of industry experience to join our world-class Engineering Support & Consulting team! This position will be based out of one of our US or Canadian office locations including Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Denver, Rochester, Seattle, Montreal and Toronto. The right candidate will become a key member of our technical staff; working and learning in an exciting and challenging technical environment. Success of the DEM Engineer will be measured not only by helping to grow SimuTech’s Rocky DEM business, but also by continued development of your own technical skills by solving challenging problems in a wide variety of industries. Many of our engineers hold advanced degrees with extensive experience in the engineering consulting business. We maintain a high level of professionalism in a friendly, cooperative, flexible environment.
You will use ESSS Rocky and ANSYS tools to provide:
1.) Technical Support
- Provide technical support to end-users of ESSS Rocky software by phone, e-mail, or in person
2.) Pre-sales support
- Work with our account managers to determine the customer's software needs, answer customer questions during the sales process, and provide software demos/presentations on a variety of subjects
- Work with customers to determine their analysis requirements and expectations
- Assist in developing quotes/proposals by determining scopes, costs, and schedules
- Complete consulting projects on time and within budget
- Work with customers to propose alternative design ideas
- Write analysis reports and other technical documents requested by the customer
4.) Technical Training
- Teach ESSS Rocky classes at client sites, on-line, and in SimuTech offices across the US and Canada.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Engineering Degree - Master's or Ph.D. level preferred
- Excellent English-based technical writing and verbal skills
- Documented industry experience with a DEM tool like ESSS Rocky or like.
- Ability to communicate with customers on a technical pre-sales basis to help drive software and services sales
- Superb problem-solving and analytical skills
- Solid theoretical background in granular mechanics.
- Ability and willingness to travel between the United States and Canada
- Must be authorized to work in the United States or Canada.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE (NOT REQUIRED)
- Academic background or work experience in computational fluid dynamics (CFD) or structural mechanics (FEA)
- Programming skills in C and Python
- Ability to use 3D CAD to modify parts and assemblies (SpaceClaim Direct Modeler, DM, Solidworks, ProE or Unigraphics preferred)
- Experience with optimization and DOE methods
- Teaching experience
ABOUT THE COMPANY
SimuTech Group is an engineering services company specializing in the entire ANSYS suite of software, providing the most comprehensive coupled physics software tools combining structural, thermal, CFD, acoustic, electromagnetic and system simulation capabilities all on one platform. As the largest full-service provider of ANSYS Multiphysics simulation software in North America, we have offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Rochester, San Diego, Seattle, Montreal and Toronto. We provide sales, technical support, training, mentoring, and consulting services for ANSYS simulation software. Training is provided at nine facilities throughout North America. Customized on-site training is also available.
SimuTech Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer