Digital Shovel is a 3-year-old tech start-up, focused on manufacturing large-scale infrastructure components to support Blockchain centric datacenters. Since our inception, we have strived to create innovative modular data centers, focusing on new designs and complete vertical integration to drive performance and value for our customers.
For a quick overview of our primary product line, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWoPjRiHPz8
While our ship mainly consist of sheet metal work, we do have a vertical mill that we need to run various jobs on, that we currently run through manual processes.
The machine is an 80s 3-Axis Okuma, and we will need someone comfortable getting it fully setup, doing basic maintenance, and setting up jobs and jigs etc. Most of our work is very repetitious, and other than our own prototypes, the pieces stay the same for long runs.
We are looking for someone with LOTS of experience and can do every aspect of operation of this machine. We in no-way have enough work to justify full-time, but this is a great gig for someone looking for some side work, or someone semi-retired.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Programming G-code from sketches provided
- Running pilot and test runs
- Assisting with tool selection an sourcing
- Helping to identify suppliers for various consumables
- Providing feedback and input on designs
- Other tasks as needed
- Big plus if you also are familiar with Amada turret press
Our shop operates from 7a to 5p, so ideally we would like to fit these hours into this window. Some weekends may potentially be accommodated.
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $40.00-$50.00 per hour
- writing g-code manually for vertical mill: 5 years (required)
- CNC Turret: 4 years (preferred)
- general fabrication: 5 years (preferred)
- fanuc robot programming: 1 year (preferred)
- Machinist: 10 years (required)