LaBree’s Bakery is looking for a full-time weekend sanitation technician to perform general and specialized sanitation in our bakery. This is a great position for someone with a discriminating eye and air of perfectionism about them.
Our bakery has been carrying the same traditions on for the 73 years we have been in service; employee safety, efficiency, and, like the sign says, “Quality is our ‘Maine’ Ingredient!”
Who You Are
While we would prefer to hire someone who has prior experience in sanitizing production equipment, we are willing to train the right person!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knows basic janitorial procedures.
- Background in mechanics.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to walk, stoop, crawl, lift and do all of the other physical aspects of the job.
- Neat handwriting.
Desired, But Not Required, Qualifications
- Experience in a leadership position.
This full time position works Thursday-Sunday. Thursday and Friday go from 5am to 5pm while Saturday and Sunday run from 7am to 3:30pm. The job duties include but are not limited to:
- Work in accordance with all safety programs including Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs.)
- Safely use all cleaning chemicals and equipment such as foamers and floor scrubbing machines.
- Disassemble equipment, sanitize, and put back together, replacing any seals that need replaced.
- Maintain and perform tasks on the master sanitation schedule.
- Perform plant janitorial duties.
What We Offer You
We offer a great benefit package for all full-time employees. A waiting period may apply. The benefits we offer include:
- Health, vision, dental, disability, critical illness, accident and life insurance.
- Paid vacation
- Six paid holidays
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.41 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Everyone who enters the building is required to wear a mask of face shield at all times. Additionally, everyone coming in to the building must have their temperature taken before proceeding. We provide all PPE for our employees.
- What are your preferred pronouns?
- Have you worked for LaBree's Bakery before? If so, when?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible