About AERIUM Analytics Inc.
AERIUM Analytics Inc. is an Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) solutions company based in Calgary, Alberta conducting operations across Canada and the United States. AERIUMS’s unique integrated model encompasses Smart Wildlife Management, Aerial Mapping, and Infrastructure Inspections through our proprietary geospatial intelligence and specialized safety solutions.
About the Position – Robotics Engineer or Robotics Technician
AERIUM is seeking an R&D Roboticist to join our growing team. In this role you will be a part of AERIUM’s Production Team and will also be working extensively with the Software Research & Development Team.
As a successful candidate, you will assist with the design, prototyping, programming, documentation, production, and long-term support of our integrated and robotic systems, which include both full-fledged aircraft (RoBird), self-contained data collection payloads, and other hardware packages.
This is a permanent full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits package.
The successful candidate may be required to travel occasionally (< 6 weeks per year) to attend experimental trials and support clients at their locations.
Required Skillsets and Experience:
· Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or a related field, and,
· 3+ years of relevant industry experience, 5+ years of relevant hobby experience, or a blended combination of both.
· Embedded/firmware development in C++ (Arduino, Teensy, and other microcontrollers)
· Mechanical Assembly including soldering and assembly of small components (M3 screw size).
· Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada and legally able to enter the United States.
Additional Desired Skillsets:
· Mechanical Design (Generating and Updating CAD drawings, modelling 3D-printable objects)
· Model Aircraft and/or Drone Experience, particularly experience with subsystems such as Flight Controllers and Long-Range Radio Control.
· Understanding of Mechanical Flight Principles and weight & balance calculations.
· Understanding of Basic GNSS Principles.
· Basic or Advanced RPAS Pilot Certification.
- An exciting, good-natured workplace culture which is inclusive for all
- Flexible hours to accommodate busy/changing lifestyles
- Encouragement and support for professional development
- Extended health coverage
- Employee and Family assistance program
Remote Work is supported and encouraged when tasks allow, however regular presence in the Calgary Office (>60%) is anticipated for this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AERIUM Analytics provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday