Engineer II, Controls
Summary – To design control system for paper machine rebuilds, upgrades or other projects such as machine optimization, from order placement to final acceptance by the customer. The control engineer will:
- Assist with control system design and BOM (bill of materials)
- PLC configuration, programming, HMI development and network design.
- Support installation, commissioning, and service for these systems.
- Provide customer training on these systems.
- To design control systems including control cabinets, junction boxes, network, hydraulics / pneumatics systems and define necessary sensors / instrumentation for the applications
- To program process control systems and develop SCADA / HMI applications
- To ensure compliance with project specifications and Voith directives
- To participate in the Factory Acceptance tests (FAT) as required
- To participate in the start-up or support service team at the mill as required
- To participate in the lessons learned meeting and necessary corrective actions to resolve deficiencies
- To support proposal / sales team on technical matters
- To be an active project team member and to foster team spirit within the team
- To provide assistance to customer as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of five (5) years of process and machine control experience preferably in the paper industry.
- Proficient with PLC programming and configuration (Rockwell ControlLogix and FTView) SCADA development and configuration.
- Ability to use CAE tool (COMOS, AutoCadE, etc).
- Basic understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems
Physical Demands -
* This job description is not all encompassing, however, is intended to be a general description of the responsibilities of this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift