HEAVY-DUTY FLEET MECHANIC(Thousand Oaks)
General Pavement Management, Inc. has been a proven leader in pavement construction and maintenance for over 28 years. Our company was founded on the principles of honesty, integrity, and client support. These principals have propelled GPM to the forefront of the industry for community associations, commercial property management firms, developers and engineers throughout Ventura, Los Angeles, and Santa Barbara Counties.
Position Description: GPM has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Heavy Duty Fleet Mechanic with experience in all aspects of fleet truck maintenance and repair at our Thousand Oaks location. Must be able to diagnose and repair various gas and diesel engines, electrical, brake and hydraulic systems with minimum supervision and instructions. This position reports to the Shop Manager.
Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Diagnose, rebuild and repairs vehicles and equipment.
- Perform major overhauls to engines, transmission, differentials, hydraulic lifts along with accessories and components.
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment including lube oil and filter service.
- Remove and replace accessories as necessary (i.e. radio, horns, lighting, expendable items, and miscellaneous light repairs).
- Road test vehicles to confirm repairs were performed correctly.
- Prepare and maintains service records and reports.
- Maintain logs, charts, records, etc., as required to accomplish assignments.
- Responsible for staying current with technical manuals, literature, and technical advancements of the trade as it pertains to company-owned equipment.
- Research, purchase, and inventory equipment parts, chemicals, and supplies.
- Respond to routine and emergency calls for repairs and services.
- Comply with GPM’s & OSHA safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the construction trade.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Responsible for staying current with technical manuals, literature, and technical advancements of the trade as it pertains to company-owned equipment. Perform work in other classifications when incidental but necessary to accomplish work assignments.
- The Shop Manager may assign additional task-related work as required.
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Be able to pass a drug screen, pre-physical exam and background check
- Must be in possession of a valid California Driver’s License
- Must have 3-5 years of previous truck mechanic experience, welding skills, and own tools.
- ASE certs strongly recommended.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to perform physical activities such as standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing for long periods of time and possibly all day. The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Preferred (but not required): Vehicle and equipment painting skills, truck air brake certification, ASE certifications, and a Class A or B driver's license.
Compensation: Hourly wage is dependent on experience
Employment Type: Full Time
Compensation & Benefits: General Pavement Management offers competitive wages and a full benefits package including, company-provided life insurance, medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401K Plan. Vacation, sick days, holidays and overtime pay (as required) and opportunities for growth and development.
GPM is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off