Our company is looking for an Automation Application Manager/Engineer to join the team to support the continued success and growth of solution projects and products. The Automation Application Engineer designs, tests, and documents automated solutions according to requirements and documentation from our customer base. The core activities are to provide coding and marking solutions to our customers utilizing Industry 4.0 concepts, automation, and our software suite. This will be an exciting and fast paced role, working with Customers to meet their expectations and deadlines, and will involve projects all around the North America.
- Design custom solutions and validate functionality based off user requirement specifications (URS)
- Create process documentation and installation instructions, for automated solutions, to be executed by the Project Management team.
- Provide pre-sale application validation support, including the execution of field acceptance tests (FAT)
- Support the Project Management team in executing work per agreed scope documentation and URS
- Provide guidance and assistance to Project Management and Installation teams to provide successful installation of all designed solutions.
- Work with Solutions Consultants to specify jobs, providing technical guidance during pre-sales.
- Experience in creating and understanding documents such as URS, Scope of Work, Project Proposals, and change requests.
- Working knowledge of control systems, application software, network topology and enterprise systems
- Familiarity of communications and networking
- Knowledge of data exchange from remote data services
- Knowledge of leading and executing FATs successfully
- Customer Management - gaining commitment for customer actions, managing customer expectation, managing difficult situations and escalated issue resolution
- Strong and clear communication skills and the ability to work with other groups in the business
- Ability to handle conflict in a professional and efficient manner
Education / Training / Experience:
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent in engineering/science/software or equivalent.
- Formal Project management training (desirable).
- Familiarity of factory automation solutions into production line environments.
- Experience of Project management duties
- Knowledge of Software development with an understanding of programming languages (C, Python, Visual Basic, Java)
- Knowledge of Networked IT systems. (desirable)
- Knowledge of control systems and PLC communications
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Good Network skills, including analytics.
- Strong Project management skills and practical approach to PM (with associated IT tools).
- Understanding of Systems Design (with hardware, software and services).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement