Purpose of Job
We are looking for a hands-on candidate who has business intelligence, analytical know how, data science and software coding knowledge as well as data products knowledge. The primary purpose is to serve as a member of the engineering team while becoming proficient with FAAC’s technology.
Essential Functions of the job
- Learn, understand and follow existing FAAC procedures and technology such as software development procedures, unique modeling techniques, coding practices, software administration and configuration control.
- Adhere to all testing, quality assurance, documentation and security standards.
- Apply existing procedures and technology to assigned tasks. Which include the following:
o Flow charting
o Program Checkout
o Execution of test plans
o Investigation of discrepancy reports
o Creation and maintenance of developing files
o Technical writing to include documentation, code comments, diagrams, charts & graphs.
- Use programming and analytical skills for solving problems.
- Performs independent work on assigned tasks with frequent supervision
- Documents work performed in accordance with instructions
- Reports progress and issues regularly to necessary team members.
- Develops skills to understand and respond to supervisory instructions
- Communicates aspects of work assignments with co-workers and management staff
- Works as an entry-level member of a team responsible for design and/or analysis of specific software engineering and simulation tasks.
- Enhances and expands technical skills while increasing knowledge of FAAC’s business products.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Other duties as assigned by management
- BS degree in a technical field of study (i.e. aerospace engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, math or physics).
- Formal mathematical training including a minimum of three (3) semesters of Calculus or equivalent.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proficient in understanding and communicating in the English language, generally and technically.
- Working knowledge of interactive computer systems or PCs; familiarity with Windows, Linux, and or Unix Operating Systems desirable.
- Working knowledge of mid to high level programming language (e.g. C/C++); familiarity with C, C++, FORTRAN, and/or Ada desirable.
- Ability to distinguish print on paper and computer screens, and efficiently access, input, create, update, and retrieve information from the computer.
- Ability to assimilate concepts/technologies and effectively apply the principles to complete entry-level engineering assignments.
- Ability to problem solve, as necessary, once entry-level engineering assignments are completed and tested.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks with frequent supervision.
- Ability to be flexible in accepting new assignments.
- Ability to work well with people and function as an entry-level member of a team responsible for an engineering task or project.
- Must be able to qualify for a Department of Defense Security Clearance.
- Must be a US citizen and not have dual citizenship with any other country to obtain security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran