Holt Manufacturing is seeking an experienced Product Design Mechanical Engineer for it's Waco, Texas location. The Product Design Engineer (Mechanical) will create and analyze structural designs and technical documentation for Holt Manufacturing products. The position is responsible for the management of designs from the initial concept to completion.
The incumbent in this position is expected to model the following practices on a daily basis: 1) Demonstrate alignment with the company's mission and core business values; 2) Collaborate with key internal/external resources; 3) Participate in ongoing self-development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Lead reviews of project technical specifications with collaborating engineering and operations team members to develop/define product concepts
- Define structural specifications, loading limits, stress and fatigue points, etc. through analysis
- Modify drawings to incorporate customer, manufacturing, and technical changes
- Create or modify Holt Manufacturing product designs and technical documents (bill of materials (BOM), product support procedures)
- Review and verify product designs and bill of materials with operations to determine project meets safety, manufacturability, and quality objectives
- Applies knowledge and experience with the design and manufacturability of a variety of Holt Manufacturing products
- Assists in creating or modifying fixturing, jigs and tooling
- Works safely at all times and adheres to all applicable safety policies; complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards
- Requires regular and punctual employee attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Technical skill and knowledge of mechanical engineering, including mechanism, hydraulic, pneumatic and thermal engineering
- Strong SolidWorks design background with a focus on mechanical sheet metal parts, structural weldments, FEA utilizing simulation, and PDM works
- Experience in water or fuel tank design and applicable UL standards
- Ability to create design and support documentation
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint); ability to produce information in spreadsheets, documents, forms, tables, and presentations
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills, detailed-oriented, and ability to work on multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with multiple departments and various levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, coworkers, and customers (internal and external)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) minimum
- Five years of product design experience required, seven years preferred
o SolidWorks, ProE, AutoCAD, Ansys, etc.
- NRTL standard compliance and certification
- Travel is not expected for this position
- This position involves extended periods in a stationary position; additionally, the occasional movement inside the office to access office machinery, file cabinets, etc.
- This role frequently communicates with others, must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- This job is performed in a professional office environment in environmentally controlled conditions as well as the manufacturing environment around fabrication and assembly operations
- Essential functions are performed in close physical proximity to other people
- Frequently works at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions
Please note that the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbents so classified. All incumbents may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)