Analyze plant processes, design and implement improvements. Troubleshooting issues with hardware and processes. Plan preventative maintenance. Work with others to detect problems and implement solutions. Maintain quality and safety standards are upheld.
· Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints.
· Provides technical support for the engineering process and contributes to the completion of a project. Analyzes project requirements and performs standard technical calculations.
· Identifies obsolete electrical designs, codes and programs; makes recommendations to current or advanced technology.
· Interprets mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements.
· Develops electrical bills of material, works with suppliers through the quoting and selection process.
· Integrates safety into all aspects of the work performed.
· Troubleshoots issues with existing installed systems.
· Writes user manuals or work instructions for company developed programs.
· Creates custom designs with full documentation including Autocad electrical drawings for panel and assembly layout.
· Develops PLC programming solutions through new, upgrades and change integrations to meet processing needs.
· May develop HMI’s.
· Provides programming integrations that supports data collection and analysis.
· Understands requirements for communication interface, networking and creates specification based on the requirements; communicates with IT dept. for connectivity needs.
· Reviews reports of production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine or address problems.
· Develops technical specifications for controls system for new capital equipment upgrades.
· Manages capital equipment projects.
· Monitors progress and performance against the project plan. Takes action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
· Identifies, develops, and gathers resources necessary to complete the project. Prepares engineering designs and work specifications.
· Develops project schedules, budgets, and forecasts. Selects materials, equipment, project staff, and external contractors.
· Handles projects of moderate level of complexity.
· Assist with the training and orientation of new associates.
· Maintain and Promote Fenner Precision Polymers Values and Behaviors at all times.
Career Progression Opportunities:
Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints. Provides technical support for the engineering process and contributes to the completion of a project. Analyzes project requirements and performs standard technical calculations. Reviews reports of production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine or address problems. Requires a bachelor's degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
· Controls Engineer II
2-4 years of experience in related field
Education and/or Relative Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Electrical, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical, Electrical and/or Manufacturing Engineering: 4 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Process Controls: 2 years (Preferred)