We are an injection molding company that services the Food, Consumer Goods, Dispensers, and Appliance industries. A career with CP is full of opportunity to teach and learn from your colleagues, you will have plenty of chances to grow professionally. You will also enjoy a friendly, clean, and encouraging workplace, you will not just be another employee – you will be an integral member of the Team.
CP is seeking an experienced Quality Engineering Tech . This is NOT a starting position.
IDEAL CANDIDATE: will have experiencing with SPCs, CMM, PPAP, and FEMA
Candidates will be hired at pay rates better than your current wage, and with more opportunity to help grow our booming business!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company sponsored STD & LTD Insurance
- 401 (k) Match
- Educational opportunities - ex: Master Molder 1 etc.
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Administrate and oversee assigned QMS processes, including: Process capability, Control of Discrepant Material, Corrective/Preventive Action, Supplier Evaluation, and Receiving Inspection.
- Advocate timely and effective communication with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Product Management.
- Communicates effectively amongst a cross-functional team of Inspectors, Operators, Engineers and Technicians.
- Multi-tasks effectively and performs other essential tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Draft and implement documented work instructions, with a focus on mistake proofing and production simplicity.
- Cultivate relationships with Customers and Vendors while promoting company ideals.
- Define and determine appropriate measurement methods and equipment.
- Provide technical support and coordination on quality-related issues for existing product operations and new product implementation.
- Support and conduct quality system audits, including tracking and resolution of any applicable findings and corrective actions
- FMEA’s / New Product Development
- Utilize and operate inspection equipment, including: SPC, CMM, Caliper, Micrometer, Height Gauge, Optical Comparator, and OGP, as applicable.
- Perform statistical studies (CPK/Gage R & R)
- Perform data collection and analysis based on risk assessment.
- 4 Year degree or experience in an applicable Manufacturing and Quality discipline
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Experience in plastic injection molding is a plus
- Must have ability to mentor others, guide and support successful completion of complex assignments requiring independent action and the highest degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Demonstrated experience with maintaining an effective QMS
- Knowledge of quality management tools such as SPC, Design of Experiment (DOE), Minitab, Six Sigma and Root Cause analysis
- Knowledge of PPAP and Validation process (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Working knowledge of inspection equipment and procedures
- CMM programming experience required, precision measuring experience and knowledge of geometric dimension and tolerance.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines for completion of assigned projects.
Physical & Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to walk, stand, sit, push, bend, twist, kneel, reach, and stoop. The employee is also regularly required to stand and walk. The employee might occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, visually inspect parts and use miscellaneous tools
This position is often required to conduct business on the manufacturing floor. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts and could be exposed to chemical or electrical shock risk. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, and noise levels that are typically moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Quality Engineer: 3 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible