Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Maintenance Supervisor positions with the industry leader for manufacturing quality food packaging. Our client started with one manufacturing facility located in Middletown, NY and has since expanded to 18 facilities throughout the United States and Canada with its corporate headquarters located in beautiful Charlotte, NC. The company’s range of food packaging products have multiplied geometrically over the years as it strives to introduce top quality, highly functional products that its customers have come to expect. From foam hinged containers to oven ready bakery trays and everything in between, the company produces food packaging solutions to fit most every need. Our client currently services the retail, food processing, and food service industries with its portfolio of products.
As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, regulations, and policy procedures. Responsibilities will include:
- Supervise a team of 3-5 direct reports.
- Work in cooperation with the Plant Manager, Process Engineer, Production Manager, and Supervisors to coordinate maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain all necessary records and should be familiar with all facets and procedures of plant operations.
- Recognize, identify, and solve problems with machines without assistance.
- Work independently in repairing, installing, and setting up of equipment, and will be expected to lead workers in assigned tasks.
- Coordinate and schedule work assignments and ensure timely work completion.
- Assist in securing quotes for projects and repairs.
- Maintain maintenance computer software to include spare parts inventories, purchase orders, and other records.
- Maintain a full complement of tools to enable performance of normal duties.
Multiple Shifts available.
Competitive pay and benefits package.
- Interpersonal skills; able to work as a member of a team.
- Can communicate with peers and leaders across the company to drive effective outcomes.
- Ability to handle performance issues; have experience improving processes.
- Any lean or six sigma experiences are preferred.