- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, drawings, charts, tables, other written instructions, and various symbols regarding tolerances, surface finishes, etc.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Strong analytical, geometrical, and shop math skills
- Attention to detail
- Classroom and On the Job Training
- Classroom training - 330 hours of off-site evening and/or weekend classroom training on precision machining over a period of up to 2 years.
- LHF will cover the full costs of tuition & materials and will provide schedule flexibility to attend class outside of regular work hours. Employees will be paid for attending class. The employee must maintain 90% attendance to class and a grade level of "C" or better to stay in the program. On the Job Training - A training plan will be developed for the employee outlining the 2 years of OJT training and identifying the two machine types on which they will be trained. Contract - All new hires who enter the Machinist Training Program will be expected to sign a four (4) year retention agreement, the candidate will agree to stay with LHF for four (4) years from the date of program entry or pay back the prorated cost of tuition.
Profit sharing of $3.00/HR for every hour worked
*A minimum passing score on a machining skills assessment test is required to qualify for the program.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.94 to $19.72 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.84 to $19.72 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- cnc machinist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture