JFC Global is searching for a Mechanical Engineer to join our client's team! This opportunity is located in York, PA and is a direct hire position.
The Mechanical Engineer is part of the Engineering team and will act as a technical resource and have ownership and responsibility that will include:
- Project performance to budgeted engineering hours and design schedule.
- Product design to meet performance, reliability, serviceability, and user features
- Communication and management of the product approval process until receipt of all approvals.
- Organization and consistency of Product History files and document control.
- Efficient completion of customer driven and internal engineering changes.
- Provide support to the production team during unit construction and testing.
Work scope will vary to meet the needs of the projects assigned, and require knowledge of electrical & mechanical systems, and the MRP knowledge to manage the interaction of Engineering inputs to the Purchasing and Planning functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Utilize internal and/or external expert resources to ensure system component selections will meet requirements for:
-All customer specifications and drawings
-Operations and Maintenance manuals
Lead the Design Review process, component print release, and Bill of Material creation to ensure requirements are met.
-Work with Electrical and Mechanical Designers to define and document component
-Bill of Materials and Routings
-Material purchase (sheet metal, foam, custom parts)
Support Quality to create test procedures and production test data sheets to ensure build quality and product performance validation.
Support 1st Build support for the organization:
-Direct Mechanical and Electrical designers through knowledge of manufacturing processes and applications.
-Proactively engage shop floor associates for their feedback and incorporate lessons learned into future designs.
-Coordinate As-Built changes.
Close the product development engineering activity by assuring completed updates to all models, drawings, BOM, routings, and product approvals.
Ensure that Product History files are maintained to provide a clear understanding of changes, the effect of changes, and change approval for products through their life cycle.
Provide customers with technical, logistic, and service support through the life cycle of the product.
- BS degree in engineering discipline or equivalent job experience, with strong analytical skills and seasoned communication skills.
- 3-5 years experience minimum in areas related to the responsibilities defined above.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills. Capable of directing field service personnel.
- Technical Experience in the HVAC field for military, commercial or industrial application. Emphasis on thermal product design and heat transfer sciences with a solid understanding of air to air, liquid to air, and liquid to liquid systems.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to analyze empirical data.
- Competent with Microsoft Office.
- Intermediate SolidWorks 3D modeling skills, and knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and processes.
- Ability to lead and to accomplish goals through high levels of personal commitment and responsibility.
- Working knowledge of military performance specifications and testing is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $72,000.00 - $84,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance