UEI is a rapidly growing manufacturer of computer-based measurement, data acquisition and control (I/O) products headquartered in Walpole, MA. We are looking to add a full-time Technical Writer to work out of our offices in Walpole, MA. Working for the Director of Business Development, you will work closely with the marketing and engineering groups as you create the documentation our customers use while installing, configuring and programming our products. You will also write and/or edit application notes and white papers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, especially the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical area
- 3+ years experience writing technical documentation for a scientific/engineering audience
- Experience with Adobe products such as Framemaker and Acrobat Pro
- Experience with data acquisition (DAQ), measurement or industrial control products
- Programming experience in any language
- Avionics or Aerospace experience
- Engineering, scientific or technician background
- BS in EE or another engineering or physical science discipline
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign helpful
United Electronic Industries (UEI) is a leading manufacturer in the PC/Ethernet data acquisition and control, Data Logger/Recorder and Programmable Automation Controller (PAC) and Modbus TCP markets headquartered in Walpole, Massachusetts. Our revolutionary “Cube” form factor provides a compact, rugged platform, ideal for applications in the automotive, aerospace, petroleum/refining, simulation, semiconductor manufacturing, medical, HVAC, and power generation fields – and more. We are a small but quickly growing company with a big future!
We offer highly competitive compensation commensurate with experience. The package includes health, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401k (with company match), paid time off and tuition reimbursement benefits. UEI is an equal opportunity employer.
Check out our website and watch our videos on youtube/ueidaq to see the cutting edge technology our employees use and develop on a daily basis. Our technology is both exciting and challenging and because we are driven to find the best solutions for our customers, we not only have customers for life... we also have employees for life!
Please send your resume and cover letter. No phone calls please. UEI does not use agencies.
This position does require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
UEI is an EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of disability, please email for assistance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Technical Writing: 3 years (Required)
- Do you have a BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement