We are a contractor for the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, specializing in Traffic Signal Installations and 24/7 signal maintenance. Located in the Reading area, the company has over 30 years of stable history of revenue and profitability.
To help us grow, we are adding seasoned, hands-on, Electrical Maintenance Technician(s) to our team. The technicians are very important part of our company team. The day to day work includes
- Maintenance work for local townships, including traffic signal knockdowns, traffic power failures, signal upgrades, repairs, and new permit traffic installations.
- Many new traffic control devices are software controlled. Technicians often have to program devices to optimize performance
- The technicians can also work on new construction work which will be paid at Pennsylvania Prevailing Wage Rates. Typical job-site pay rates range from $40-$80 per hour.
- Traffic signal problems are typically considered "emergencies" by local townships, which trigger the need for 24/7 attendance. Such needs are rotated among technicians weekly
- Candidates with the IMSA Level I, II, and III Certifications (International Municipal Signal Association) are ideal.
- Candidate should also have experience with PennDot, traffic engineering firms, or local township traffic signal work.
- We will seriously consider 1) licensed electricians, 2) electrician at the mechanical level, 3) experienced 24/7 electrical maintenance technicians from electrical or electronics industries or 4) technical work experience in fiber optics, electrical or electronic control systems, all will be considered.
- Familiarity and experience with commonly used construction and electrical equipment will also be a plus.
- Ability to maintains good relationships with working partners, including township customers, equipment vendors, and subcontractors that serve this market.
- Can work well with traffic engineers and traffic maintenance managers for townships in the Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Schuylkill, Carbon, and surrounding counties.
- Self-driven, results oriented, and detail oriented are common traits we look for
- Stable employment history a plus.
- The Technician(s) are expected to become a long-term partners for the company, and will have profit sharing opportunities.
Telco is a equal opportunity employer. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
We practice PennDOT developed guidelines of wearing masks, morning temperature checks, social distancing, and quarantine periods
- 24/7 maintenance in electrical/electronics industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- IMSA certified Level I, II, and III: 3 years (Preferred)
- Qualified Electrician: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)