LRL Associates Ltd. is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm, which has been providing professional services in the National Capital Region since 1985, as well as Atlantic Canada since 2013. Our head office is located in Ottawa, Ontario. With our staff of over 40 licensed engineers, scientist and technicians and scientists we are able to provide services in a variety of engineering fields which include civil, structural, geotechnical, mechanical, electrical and environmental engineering.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Engineering Technologist to lead and support projects in the building mechanical and electrical design services in Ottawa, ON or Moncton, NB. Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Developing schematic and detailed designs;
- Estimating construction costs;
- Options development
- Conducting site investigations;
- Coordinating construction administration services;
- Tender specifications for construction; and
- Co-ordinate work with Architects and Engineers of other disciplines.
The successful candidate will have the following
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and P.Eng. or eligibility for registration; or .
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- 5 - 10 years related experience. Project management and engineering consulting experience are strongly preferred.
- Energy modeling experience is an asset.
- Good knowledge and experience with CADD
- Self motivated, independent and reliable worker.
- Must be personable and have excellent communication skills.
- Excellent judgement skills.
- Dedicated to quality of workmanship. Ability to act in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Valid drivers license. Access to vehicle.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time