Supreme Gear Company For nearly 70 years, Supreme Gear has served industries that are vital to the prosperity of countries across the globe, including aerospace, defense, automotive, medical, commercial, and industrial industries. As a manufacturer of precision machined parts, we provide many major aircraft builders, with highly critical aircraft and missile engine gears, complete gear boxes, gear shafts, drives, sprockets and other gear components.
The primary function will be to support in the development and organization of production operations and work instructions to increase efficiency in all build operations. This position includes long term advancement potential to the candidate looking for opportunity; and continuous learning.
Responsibilities may include:
- Utilizing CAD tools (Inventor,Solid Works) for the creation of component parts and gearbox design.
- Creation of 2D and 3D prints with GD&T for complex aerospace parts (AutoCAD, Mechanical Design)
- Translate contract requirements into work instructions; processes; and tasks.
- Improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Perform research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Oversee and accurately evaluate & provide disposition of discrepant materials and processes.
- Interpret drawing and specification requirements; geometric dimensioning and tolerance; and gear metrology.
- May act as technical liaison between internal operations and customers.
- AutoCAD experience, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, Solid works, 2D and 3D.
- Engineering Degree preferred (Mechanical) or equivalent job related experience.
- Aerospace Experience – Gear knowledge an asset.
- Technical Capacity including CNC knowledge, and computer literate.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Performance Management.
- Self Direction and Motivation.
- US Citizenship required
Benefits: Medical, dental and life insurance, paid vacations, holidays, and 401(k).
Job Type: Full-time