At the MicroStrain campus of Parker Hannifin we design and manufacture inertial, wireless and displacement sensors for many of the world’s cutting-edge technology firms and industrial giants. A Senior Technician is responsible for providing mechanical assembly and testing support to the Production and Engineering organizations from proof-of-concept through the introduction of the product. He/she is assigned semi-routine and routine tasks which are completed under normal supervision. He/she is responsible for contributing to continuous improvement through the identification of improvement opportunities, involvement in continuous improvement activities and mentorship of less senior employees.
MicroStrain is a subsidiary of Parker Hannifin located near Burlington, Vermont. We are consistently voted one of the best places to work in the state and have a long history of developing bleeding edge products used to solve difficult engineering problems. You will enjoy the experience of working in small company atmosphere while providing the benefits of a large corporation. Our culture is second to none. We value our employees saftey and wellbeing above all else.
There are many perks to enjoy as a team member including, but not limited to:
- Free coffee all day
- Bagel Friday
- Multiple BBQs at lunch during the summer
- Access to our in facility MicroStrain workout room
- Parker offers a generous tuition assistance program
- A fantastic work environment with a high level of Esprit de Corps
- Assemble, test, troubleshoot small electronic and mechanical components
- Operate and maintain most standard and non-standard test equipment in the completion of testing as requested by internal and external customers.
- Establish daily work plans based on resource requirements and due dates and the ability to work with engineers and Production planning/scheduling to resolve resource/priority conflicts.
- Maintain accurate records via lab notebooks, photographs, service requests and short reports for all testing/calibrations/designs completed.
- Exercise safe working habits and alert other personnel present in the facility whom are in violation of safety standards. Maintain 5S within their workspace.
- Communicate effectively both orally and written such information as test procedures, results and observations to the team and internal customers.
- Ensure calibration of all equipment in use is current.
- Mentor less experienced co-workers on equipment operation, data recording, best practices, etc.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives involving systemic and/or capital improvements.
- Analyze data and compare results to a provided specification.
- Assist with the review of the sales order backlog and work with the Team leader to make sure that all products ship accurately and on time.
- Create production documentation based on established quality procedures. Submit the completed documentation to engineering for review and approval.
Visit www.microstrain.com to learn more about our products and company!
- A fantastic team-first attitude, an easy going manner and generally a team player who enjoys working with others.
- Aptitude in working with electronic and mechanical devices
- Ability to read and interpret written instructions such as standard test plans, product/tooling drawings, work instructions, operating procedures, service requests and specifications.
- Ability to set-up and operate test equipment under normal supervision.
- Proficiency in soldering, or the capability to learn to solder small electronic components.
- Ability to assess data to results are in specification.
- Ability to utilize computer for e-mail, database maintenance, data analysis.
- Understanding of algebra and basic trigonometry.
- Ability to effectively communicate job status and results within team (Communication).
- 1-3 years’ experience in assembly, testing, industrial electronics or related field
Preferred * 5 or more years’ experience in assembly, testing, industrial electronics or related field
- Proficiency in soldering and working with miniature electronic components
Required * High School diploma or GED
Preferred * Associates or vocational degree in a related technical discipline
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Williston, VT 05495: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Assembly: 1 year (Required)
- Functional testing: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location