Are you passionate about technology and delivering solutions that impact our nation’s most beautiful, iconic, and cherished resources? Cynerge Consulting is seeking a Monitoring Engineer to join a talented, tight-knit, and rapidly growing team supporting the U.S. Forest Service!
At Cynerge, our work aides the U.S. Forest Service in its mission to manage and preserve our nation’s forests and grasslands. Our solutions have supported a range of teams and personnel, from researchers in the Rockies to the smokejumpers, a highly specialized team of skydiving firefighters, and the app dev and infrastructure teams behind the scenes. We’ve successfully delivered DevSecOps at scale, pioneered the use of automation and CI/CD, and are actively migrating a portfolio of more than 80 applications to more available and accessible cloud environments.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Monitoring Engineer, you’ll help support the U.S. Forest Service’s Infrastructure as a Service offering. The right candidate will join a team responsible for delivering applications, thought leadership, and hands-on support that help modernize the Forest Service’s business operations.
Day to day, here’s what your role as a Monitoring Engineer might look like:
· Responsible for implementing proactive monitoring solutions for cloud computing services
· Support application and infrastructure monitoring with automated alerts and triggers
· Work with application teams to define monitoring plan
· Adopt organizational monitoring guidelines and create plans for implementation
· Develop, test, and implement monitoring plans based on application or service categorization
· Work with Cyber Security to define cyber vulnerability monitoring implementation and threshold-based notification
· Provide training and coaching on monitoring best practices to application and infrastructure teams
· Working closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements
The right candidate will have:
· 3+ years’ work experience in a monitoring role performing substantially all the above responsibilities
· 3+ years’ work experience with leading monitoring tools
· Understanding of monitoring concepts
· Experience with Splunk, AWS CloudWatch, Nagios, and/or SolarWinds is a plus
· Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience is a plus
· Self-starter with an ability to take a task, analyze what needs to be done, and deliver results in a timely manner (we don’t do “analysis paralysis”)
· Detail oriented, team player with an ability to work with minimal direction
· Excellent communication skills in a customer-facing work environment
· Preferred - Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
· Preferred – HUBZone residency (certified at https://maps.certify.sba.gov/)
· Required – US Citizen or “green card” holder
· Salary to be based on experience and current market rates
· Full-time salaried employee
· Occasional weekend work and travel may be required
Compensation, Perks, and Benefits
We have a kick-ass crew and a historic office, complete with its own coffee shop, wine cellar, and attached bar and restaurant! We pride ourselves on a near-zero turnover rate and strive to provide an opportunity for you to do your best work in an environment that is fun, collaborative, creative, and encourages personal and professional growth.
Here's a little more on what we have to offer:
· Competitive salary, based on current market rates and experience
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance
· Retirement with company match
· Unlimited vacation and sick time
· Work from anywhere
· Training and professional development opportunities
More About Us
For more than 15 years, Cynerge has helped clients in the private and federal sectors design and develop digital products and business solutions that improve operations and services. From application development to IT asset management, cloud computing, and DevOps-oriented transformation, we help improve the speed and quality of delivering enterprise software.
Cynerge Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Type: Full-time in Pontiac, MI or Virtual
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- What is your annual salary goal?
- Amazon Web Services: 5 years (Preferred)
- U.S. Citizenship or Green Card (Preferred)
Work Location: One location