Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Structural Engineer, 5+ years’ experience with U.S. Army Corps of Engineer (USACE) and/or Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) or similar projects.
This experienced engineer will serve in a technical role on heavy infrastructure projects involving marine, flood control and/or port projects. Duties may include the following:
- Provide structural engineering services for new construction and rehabilitations on large, complex river navigation (locks and dams), flood control reservoir and local flood protection projects using established U.S. Army Corps of Engineer design criteria and directives, national building codes and standards, and engineering principles and judgment.
- Perform analysis and design applying standard engineering methods and techniques in the performance of preliminary and final design including stress and stability analysis, structural steel design, steel connection design, reinforced concrete design and development of detailing for steel and concrete features.
- As part of design or evaluation of various structures, prepare Design Documentation Reports (Design Basis), design calculations utilizing structural design and analysis software such as STAAD Pro, SAP2000, PCA sP Concrete Suite, MathCAD, and spreadsheets.
- Prepare construction contract documents for various structural features for Civil Works projects for river navigation systems, flood control reservoir projects and local flood protection projects.
- Work with CADD technicians to develop drawings utilizing CADD and BIM software; determine requirements for technical aspects of project specifications; and prepare amendments and engineering revisions.
- Coordinate structural aspects of projects with multi-disciplined engineering teams to arrive at functional designs and solutions to technical and operational problems.
- Perform role of Project Engineer in design by coordinating the efforts of multi-disciplined teams, develop and track budgets, prepare of scopes of work, ensure quality processes are followed, and ensure contract documents are complete. During construction phases, provide support to the Construction Engineering staff by coordinating the review of transmittals and RFI's by the engineering team and assisting with the resolution of construction issues.
- Perform inspections and assessments of infrastructure including hydraulic steel and concrete structures and develop memos and reports with recommendations based on field observations.
- MSCE degree or higher in Civil or Structural Engineering required
- 5+ years’ experience with U.S. Army Corps of Engineer (USACE) and/or Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) or similar projects required
- PE Registration required
- Familiarity with structural analysis and finite element analysis software packages such as SAP2000, STAAD, MathCad, etc. required
- Ability and willingness to learn required
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel and Power Point) required
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills required
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.