Would you like to join an awesome and quickly growing team that is deploying exciting agricultural technology across the USA?
About The Company:
- Rogo is an Ag-Tech company that helps farmers apply fertilizer more efficiently. To do that, we build and operate autonomous robots that have collected over 100K acres of soil samples within the past year.
- Meet our quickly growing team at https://www.rogoag.com/team that is headquartered in West Lafayette, IN.
- Our team respects each other deeply, while at the same debating ideas fiercely to get to the best solution. At Rogo, a growth mindset > knowledge and real results > effort.
- Join us on our path to improve both Precision Agriculture and the peoples’ lives we touch along the way (including our own team).
- Improve robot’s durability, safety, speed, cost, and usability
- Complete projects on time, on budget, at specified level of quality
- Maximize business value through engineering IP, knowledge, process creation
- Manage autonomous robot, cross-functional product team that’s setting records in Ag
- Work with mgmt. to build engineering plans/reqs/budgets to support business goals/reqs
- Switch quickly between people, project and technical management
- Hire, train, evaluate, coach, fire in order to hit goals (team size growing from 5 to ~15+)
- Optimize progress with short iterations (weeks) that prioritize MVPs and data over ideas
- Prioritize problems, help team solve, getting “dirty” (hands-on) when needed
- Manage engineering process, docs and knowledge system
Potential Project Examples:
- Revamped sampler machine design
- High performance obstacle detection system
- Robot can perceive and follow crop rows
- New app for easier operator control of robot and enabling offline data sync mgmt.
- Great communicator, problem definer and solver, core values fit
- Breakdown problems with physics, trig, calculus & algebra
- Test design & execution, data analysis & presentation
- Computer literacy (ppt, excel, docs, proj mgmt tools, reporting)
- Driven to achieve massive results in high pressure timelines
- Clear Plan Creation: Engineering Req’s, Budgets, Test Specs / Quality Stds
- Excellent leadership: clear desired results, accountability & growth-coaching
- Project Management: define goals, measure real progress, hit targets
- Process Oriented: crank engineering machine faster and more efficiently
- Speak different “technical languages” - mechanical, electrical, software
- Top 10% Individual contributor as technical engineer (3+ yrs)
- Successfully leading cross-functional/cross-system eng. team (3+ yrs)
- Electro-mechanical (hard/soft) systems (3+ yrs)
- Building & executing engineerings plans on target (req’s & budgets)
- Managing engineering documentation & knowledge
- Applications: vehicle or machine or robot products, rugged products
- Principles: Six Sigma, Lean Engineering, Lean Process & Product Dev, Lean Startup
- Skills: Vehicular Design, Manufacturing Experience, Physics Simulation/FEA
Start Date & Location
- Start in May-June 2020; Willing to work in Wolcott, IN / Lafayette, Indiana area
Compensation / Benefits
- Full-Time Salary (based on market, experience, & skill)
- PTO - Flexible Vacation Plan (Self-managed as long as you get your work done)
- Work with exciting Ag-technology for a purpose.
- Work with an amazing, quickly growing team.
- Challenge yourself to grow in many different areas.
Interested? Please apply on our website at https://www.rogoag.com/join-our-team. Only applicants who apply on our website will be considered for the position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative