AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team. Driving performance, you will support our production processes at our Warrick operations in Newburgh, IN.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success you will achieve:
- Mentoring others to reach their full potential, developing and upholding very high standards of process/maintenance practices and guiding the team to achieve its’ challenging goals in all areas of the business.
- Providing day-to-day technical advice, problem solving and support to operations and maintenance by applying engineering principles, ABS and reliability tools to drive problems to root cause.
- Initiating and/or implementing improvement projects including engineering solutions to eliminate safety and quality concerns, repetitive equipment failures and other major and minor issues.
- Leading capital project requests, schedules, costs, etc.
- Ensuring compliance of project work with appropriate engineering standards.
- Identifying and/or implementing new ideas and cost reduction opportunities.
- Identifying and addressing obsolescence issues with existing equipment.
- Creating, maintaining, and updating equipment files and drawings.
- Developing preventative/predictive programs/systems to improve process and equipment performance.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering from an accredited college/university.
- Minimum of 5 years working performing engineer duties in an industrial environment.
- You need to be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- 7 or more years working in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Experience in product and process failure analysis and an understanding of world-class manufacturing techniques such as lean manufacturing, JIT, SPC, TQM, etc.
- Strong maintenance background.
- Familiarity and experience with CAD based programs.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work with multi-functional teams.
- Proficient at solving issues and creative thinking skills.
As a nationally recognized employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
In accordance with Alcoa’s Care for People value and expectation of a trusting workplace that is safe, respectful and inclusive - employees, contractors and applicants should not be discriminated against or treated unfairly based on non-job-related characteristics.