Sifted is hiring a Catering Line Cook in our Austin market who is willing to learn and grow with our company. We provide daily lunch for some of the hottest startups in Denver. We need a Line Cook who can heat up the kitchen, works well in a fast-paced environment, and is responsive to the needs of our clients.
In this role, you will work side by side with an experienced executive chef in our commissary kitchen. If you have a desire to learn, are a dedicated and responsible team player, and are looking to cultivate your skills in the kitchen, we want to meet you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Cleaning and preparing meats and vegetables
- Stewarding, expediting product out of the door
- Maintaining clear communication with the executive chef and city manager at all times
- Keeping station and work areas clean at all times
- Taking ownership of whatever task is at hand
Our ideal candidate:
- Has worked in previous kitchen roles such as line cook, prep/dishwasher
- Has had experience with catering and event servicing
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has a working knowledge of diverse cooking methods, ingredients, and equipment
- Is experienced with Google applications (Gmail, Google Drive), Microsoft Office
- Health insurance paid 100%!
- Progressive, inspiring, and open office + culture
- Free lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Opportunity to build and learn with a fast-growing start-up
The modern tech office is innovative, lean + environmentally conscious. Typical corporate catering is not. Sifted set out to reimagine the office lunch hour, creating a data-driven experience that's designed for destination workplaces. Today, Sifted creates experiential lunch programs for high-growth, culture-centric companies.
Brands who want to treat their staff to chef-made, hand-delivered lunches hire Sifted to provide a daily or weekly lunch in their office. The service is fully-managed and laced with incredible attention to detail. From our professional hosts + account managers to our kitchen ninjas who take care of all dietary needs, Sifted's lunch programs feel like a perk for everyone in the office.
We have a reputation of feeding software engineers + fast growing teams better than anyone (if you have a team of your own, you know that's a skill). We're partners in helping colossal companies stay tight-knit and startups harness their natural energy.
This job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Sifted provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Employment at Sifted is considered at will, meaning that either the company or the employee may terminate this employment relationship at any time with or without cause or notice.
Offers of employment and continued employment at Sifted are contingent upon successful completion of trust + safety checks including a criminal history check, a motor vehicle record check, identity verification, food safety certification verification, and at least two reference checks.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- cooking: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off