Process Design/Project Engineer
Location - Norwalk, CT
King Industries, Inc. is actively seeking to hire a Process Design/Project Engineer within our Engineering
Department. Ideal candidates should have a Bachelor of Science or a master’s degree in Chemical
Engineering, as well as five to ten years of experience in design, project, and process engineering in chemical plant operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competency in field of chemical engineering process operations involving heat transfer, fluid flow, mass transfer, distillation, reaction engineering and liquid/liquid extraction.
- Competency in the use of personal computers for business and technical applications.
- Excellent organizational skills, persistence, good judgement, and ability to follow through on all details.
- Ability to manage multiple engineering projects across multiple departments.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Professional experience (3-5 years) in design, process, and project engineering in chemical plant operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and/or select process equipment, plus all auxiliaries such as pumps, automatic controls, and valves, to build a dedicated chemical manufacturing system or revised existing system.
- With input from the Process Engineering Group, implement process improvement and capacity changes through the Engineering Change Notification (ECN) process to improve health, safety, environmental, quality and/or productivity performance.
- As requested, assist Production Department in training and instruction of chemical operators in the operation of current and revised manufacturing systems.
- Work with the Process Engineering Group to write and maintain process operating instruction manuals and standard operating instructions in accordance with Engineering Department standards.
- Prepare Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, energy and material balances, utility requirements, piping design and automatic controls for new and upgraded chemical manufacturing systems.
- Prepare equipment layouts, design equipment sketches, scope instrumentation, and associate utility piping runs for new and revised manufacturing systems.
- Lead or assist with Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) of new or revised process systems prior to start-up, or existing systems as needed. Assist with the correction of PHA and incident report action items.
- Purchase special equipment and auxiliaries needed for production and operations.
- Estimate project costs, prepare scheduling charts for installation, and report on project progress as needed.
- Assist with managing the installation and startup of systems in the plant, including drafting and implementing Engineering Change Notifications (ECNs) as well as participating in Pre-Startup
- Safety Reviews (PSSR).
- Scale up R&D laboratory and pilot plant runs into full size production systems as needed.
- Participate as a member of the Safety and Health Committee
- Train and participate as a member of the site Hazardous Materials response team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Chemical Plant Operations: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location