We're looking for an experienced Sr. Full Stack Engineer to help us develop and support both our customer-facing technology, and our proprietary applications we use internally to deliver our stellar service. As a senior engineer, you will help shape the future of our software as we iterate and improve our existing applications with an API-first approach. You will use your strong software engineering knowledge to help us advance multiple company initiatives and create fantastic user experiences.
This position will be in our Portland, OR office, and there are no relocation benefits available for this opening.
What You'll Be Accountable For
- Develop new C# microservices, APIs, and Angular web applications as part of a Scrum team
- Maintain and enhance existing C# and Angular applications
- Share and document system and domain knowledge with other members of our team
- Embody the Agile mindset and support the Scrum framework to help the scrum team complete their sprints and increase their velocity
- Work collaboratively with other team members, including Product Managers, UX Designers, QA Engineers, and other Software Engineers within our Scrum process to develop efficient, reusable, and reliable software.
Your Work DNA
- You are passionate about all technology, with a special appreciation for elegant systems, and you have a knack for energizing others around your passions.
- You are proud of the work you do, and want to work for a company that shares your values.
- You're collaborative, are good at documenting and explaining your thinking and have a reputation for doing what you say you'll do.
- You can extract big-picture ideas into workable processes and functional design.
- You jump at the opportunity to pitch in and feed the greater good. No job is too big or small when you can lend a helping hand.
- At least 6 years of professional experience in Software Development
- Strong C#/.NET background; .NET Core a plus
- Strong relational database background (MS-SQL or MySQL/MariaDB preferred)
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases a plus
- Experience designing and consuming RESTful services and working in a Service-Oriented Architecture
- Familiarity with Git or other distributed version control
- Understanding of design patterns and SOLID principles
- Experience with Docker/containerization, unit testing, TDD, build & deployment automation a plus
- Experience with AWS or Azure a plus
- A growth mindset, with the desire to constantly learn - and share - new knowledge
Work takes place in an office setting. This is a coverage position that requires the ability to work a predictable and consistent full-time schedule. It requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone and by computer.
Ruby Receptionists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!