Acara Solutions is looking for a Software Developer for our client located in Houston, TX.
- To analyse science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to design solutions to automate or facilitate various education, research, and business processes.
- Performs Full-Stack development and support for applications of moderate to difficult complexity and scope with general direction.
- Develops and implements complex applications, application databases, and interactive Web interfaces according to design specifications and departmental standards; establishes test plans and data
- Validates and verifies functions in applications; and prepares necessary forms and documentation for implementation.
- Interviews clients/users for problem definition and analyses user needs, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Writes and maintains technical documentation for application requirements, coding standards, and operational procedures.
- Maintains, revises, and updates current application code or configuration including troubleshooting, fixing bugs, and improving functionality.
- Resolves problems that arise with existing production applications.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Minimum of 5 years' Experience with computer hardware, software and programming.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Excellent technical and general communication skills, both oral and written
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $32.00 - $61.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- C++: 1 year (Required)
- Java: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location