Honolulu - HONOLULU, HI 96813 US (Primary)
Engineering & Commissioning
% travel required
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Support planning, execution, monitoring and controlling Design, configuration, test and commissioning activities for the telecommunication system according to the overall program schedule.
- Support analysis of the technology environment
- Support Identification, analysis and management of requirements
- Support identification and resolution of interfaces internal and external to the Telecommunication System (e.g. Signaling, Rolling Stock, etc.)
- Support architecting and Integrating medium-complex telecommunications systems with particular attention to Networking technologies
- Support preparation of Conceptual, Preliminary, Detailed and Installation Design for each Telecom & Security technology
- Participate in products selection
- Support creation of Bill of Materials and support Purchasing Department to order equipment in particular for the Wired and Wireless telecommunications networks
- Configure test and commission IP networks.
- Configure test and commission Wireless systems, from UHF/VHF to Microwaves.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Working knowledge of Complex Networks design, both wired and wireless
- Working Knowledge of network design patterns and constraints (CCNA or equivalent certification would be an advantage)
- Working knowledge of Switching and Routing protocols
- Working knowledge of wireless communications
- Excellent ability to use sophisticated test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and a spectrum analyzer.
- Working knowledge of Test and commissioning processes
- Skilled in handling electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
- Experience with network architecture design
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information
- knowledge of telecommunications systems for the railway industry
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree
- From 2 to 5 years of Railway System Engineering expertise