Honolulu - HONOLULU, HI 96813 US (Primary)
Engineering & Commissioning
% travel required
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Support planning, execution, monitoring and controlling Design, configuration, test and commissioning activities for the telecommunication system according to the overall program schedule.
- Support analysis of the technology environment
- Support Identification, analysis and management of requirements
- Support identification and resolution of interfaces internal and external to the Telecommunication System (e.g. Signaling, Rolling Stock, etc.)
- Support architecting and Integrating medium-complex telecommunications systems with particular attention to Networking technologies
- Support preparation of Conceptual, Preliminary, Detailed and Installation Design for each Telecom & Security technology
- Participate in products selection
- Support creation of Bill of Materials and support Purchasing Department to order equipment in particular for the Wired and Wireless telecommunications networks
- Configure test and commission IP networks.
- Configure test and commission Wireless systems, from UHF/VHF to Microwaves.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Working knowledge of Complex Networks design, both wired and wireless
- Working Knowledge of network design patterns and constraints (CCNA or equivalent certification would be an advantage)
- Working knowledge of Switching and Routing protocols
- Working knowledge of wireless communications
- Excellent ability to use sophisticated test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and a spectrum analyzer.
- Working knowledge of Test and commissioning processes
- Skilled in handling electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
- Experience with network architecture design
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information
- knowledge of telecommunications systems for the railway industry
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree
- From 2 to 5 years of Railway System Engineering expertise