This role is for a Senior Hardware Qualification Engineer with knowledge of LRU and module-level testing in the aerospace and defense industries. Responsibilities include leading the verification and validation efforts associated with verification and validation of LRUs. The role of Senior Hardware Qualification Engineer requires experience with design verification and validation through analysis, simulation, laboratory testing, and formal qualification to electrical and mechanical environmental requirements and EMI/EMC requirements. This position is cradle to grave test support. Support is continuous from evaluating the testability of requirements during requirement definition through hardware qualification procedure development, and informal and formal qualification testing, and finally writing the deliverable qualification test report.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, System Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience specifically in defense/aerospace LRU verification and validation
- Experience writing and performing tests against MIL-STD-461F/G
- Experience writing LRU verification procedures
- Experience writing LRU validation procedures
- General knowledge of electrical design CAD tools such as Cadence and Zuken.
- Candidate must be able to collaborate in a team environment, prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result, prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously, and comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions
- Candidate must possess a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be a U.S. citizen and ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance is required.
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- Experience writing and performing TEMPEST 1-92 and 2-95 verification
- Working experience of verification and validation in an AS9100 QMS
- Experience with testing of aircraft electrical power systems and MIL-STD-704
- Experience with testing to environmental standards and test methods such as RTCA DO-160G, MIL-STD-810G
- Experience with analysis of MIL-STD-1472
- Working experience with requirement management tools such as DOORS or JAMA
- Current Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you a US Citizen?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- defense/aerospace LRU verification and validation: 5 years (Preferred)