The FVP of Application Delivery will report to the Head of Risk Solutions Delivery and Support
SVP of Strategic Systems, FVP’s/VP’s of Financial Risk Management, FVP and Chief Technology Architect, FVP of Technology Infrastructure, FVP of Enterprise Architecture
This is an IT leadership role at a highly regulated and systemically important financial institution. The role requires an individual who can successfully help lead an engineering function in conjunction with the Head of Risk Solutions Delivery and other technology leaders. Strong technical and architecture skills, team leadership and development, Agile expertise, resource management discipline, and the ability to effectively execute on multiple fronts are baseline expectations for this role. The firm is responsible for operating within the global financial market infrastructure as a critical service provider to market participants. OCC places critical emphasis on compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and maintains high standards for information confidentiality, operational integrity and system availability. This is a highly rewarding and challenging role that requires well developed leadership, problem solving, strategic decision making, and execution capabilities. The candidate will also possess a willingness and demonstrated ability to drive change and improve processes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The VP of Risk Engineering is a proven leader who has a strong technical and development background. Technical skillsets required include the ability to design and develop high performance analytical computing solutions. Familiarity with scalable database and data streaming/messaging solutions required. Experience working with quantitative research teams and integrating quantitative libraries into an enterprise architecture framework needed. Domain expertise in financial risk analytics required including derivatives and options pricing and risk measures. Experience designing counterparty credit risk analytics and Monte Carlo simulation implementations a plus. Familiarity with CCP’s and margin calculations beneficial.
- Experience with high speed distributed computing frameworks AWS EMR, Hadoop, HDFS, S3, MapReduce, Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Kafka Streams, Apache Flink etc.
- Experience with distributed message brokers Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with cloud technologies and migrations. Experience preferred with AWS foundational services like VPCs, Security groups, EC2, RDS, S3 ACLs, KMS, AWS CLI and IAM etc.
- Experience with Big Data architectures and BI solutions
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools. Eg Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Nexus/Artifactory and CI/CD pipeline etc.
- Development skills should include the ability to design and develop scalable, flexible and resilient solutions. Experience implementing development best practices such as Continuous Integration (CI), Test Driven Development (TDD), defensive coding and code reviews required.
- Experience with large scale Agile development practices
- People leadership skills include hiring and mentoring members of the development team. Hire talent with high performance computing, data and analytics skills. Inculcate good software design practices within the team to develop fault tolerant and highly reliable software.
- Good communication skills required with the ability to explain technical concepts to a broader audience including senior management.
- This role requires working ‘at scale’ with a team that is geographically diverse. The individual should be comfortable working in a matrixed environment to set best practices across the risk technology function with the ability to act as a leader and SME.
- Success in this role requires the ability to help work with other technology leaders and QR to define the technology stack, implement Agile processes, and perform ongoing oversight of development activities.
- Strong people management skills.
In partnership with other IT leaders, this role will help the risk technology organization to:
- Work with technology leads to ensure consistent and best practice development practices are followed including relevant artifacts and ceremonies
- Partner with technology management to help define the target architecture and architecture roadmap
- Hire and mentor strong technical talent.
- Provide transparency on development activities, including issue identification and resolution
Manage development of core foundational technical components as well as select functional projects.
Manage resources against commitments to ensure high quality solutions are consistently delivered to established expectations.
Ability to quickly gain credibility as a strong engineering lead who can work with the risk technology team to set best practices
Demonstrate and embed the behaviors and competencies that create a risk aware and regulatory compliance and internal control mindset within the organization.
Operate effectively as a member of the wider team through partnership, collaboration and influencing across the relevant business and technology functions and partner with leads in other technology domains.
Create and adhere to delivery roadmaps partnering with other leaders. Strong execution mindset.
Solutions architecture experience. Ability to design and develop high performance and flexible solutions.
Familiarity with Hadoop and/or other Big Data ecosystems required.
Experience in real time solutions leveraging Kafka and other event driven technologies
Experience with cloud computing required. AWS preferred.
An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of 12 years’ development experience within the financial industry
At least 5 years of risk domain expertise preferred
Experience developing high performance data and compute platforms at scale
Ability to coach and mentor developers at different levels
Proven ability to establish and execute technology best practices
Experience coaching Agile transformation efforts and leading Agile (preferably Scrum) development.
Preferred – prior leadership experience in guiding teams through cultural transformation.
Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science or a technical discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.