TITLE Senior Quality Engineer
COMPANY Koyo Bearings North America DEPARTMENT Quality
LOCATION Blythewood, SC CLASSIFICATION Exempt / Salaried
REPORTS TO Quality Supervisor GRADE Technical -6
Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application and maintenance of quality standards for production processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Lead all 8D analysis of customer complaints and concerns for root cause and countermeasure implementation.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility as well as lead or facilitate scrap reduction activities.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Prepares design concepts, drawings and cost estimates for gauging and tooling. Ensures timely and accurate calibration of gauges and maintenance of test equipment.
- Manages and initiates new program management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Direct Reports: Quality technicians and or quality inspectors.
Education and Experience:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be necessary to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four year college (preferably in engineering) ; three to five years related experience and/or Associate’s degree in science or engineering from two/four year college or university and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or High School Diploma or GED, and seven to ten years of related experience and/or training.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is mostly performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards, and with substantial time spent working on a computer. Requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to manufacturing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
- Travel by automobile and plane required approximately 10-20% of time.
Employee may perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.