Computer Programmer (20-005)
Fibertek, Inc. () is a leading developer of laser and electro-optical systems for the aerospace community, with
key contributions to earth-sensing, laser communications, and lidar sensors for NASA, DoD, and commercial customers. We are
looking for a highly motivated individual to assist our organization in increasing efficiency and service through construction,
maintenance, and streamlining of our computing systems and programs.
The Computer Programmer must possess superior coding skills, excellent communication, high concentration levels, good task
management, and superior problem solving and critical thinking skills. This position requires managing systems performance,
providing tech support, reviewing and updating existing programs, identifying and fixing defects, supporting data architecture,
generating reports, developing in-house software, and mitigating potential risk. You will join an agile small business that has a
dedicated team of technology and business leaders with 35 years of success behind them. Your role will include:
- Coding and debugging.
- Designing and testing computer structures.
- Troubleshooting system errors.
- Writing computer instructions.
- Managing database systems.
- Maintaining operating systems.
- Editing source-code.
- Profiling and analyzing algorithms.
- Implementing build systems.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Programming.
- End user oriented.
- Expert IT skills.
- Strong aptitude for math.
- Advanced knowledge of operating systems.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience with Matlab / Python, Embedded C/C++ and/or FPGAs, and/or web development required (one
- Experience with Linux-based databases, cloud computing, network/CPU optimization and/or GUIs on mobile
- Aptitude for learning new technology.
- Deadline driven.
- Superior communication skills.US Citizen with Secret or Top-Secret clearance preferred.
Why Fibertek, Inc?
FIBERTEK, Inc. is a recognized leader in advanced lasers, lidars and laser communication systems providing our DoD, NASA and
aerospace customers discriminating capabilities. We pride ourselves in our innovation and customer success focused culture
enabled by a creative and relaxed work environment with minimal bureaucracy. Fibertek is in the center of northern Virginia’s
technology corridor and near the world-class cultural venues in our nation’s capital and a wide range of outdoor activities
offered in the Blue Ridge Mountains and Chesapeake Bay areas. We are within walking distance of the DC metro station opening
in 2020. Fibertek fosters a progressive learning environment that values inspiration, promotes professional challenge and
encourages personal growth. We offer a competitive and incentivized compensation package with excellent benefits. Relocation
assistance will be available.
How to Apply
Send your resume to our Human Resource department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fibertek, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants are considered regardless of race, sex,
disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.