looking for candidates with experience in any of the following
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
The Machine Shop is a precision detail shop focused on supporting Machine Tool Builds. This is not a production shop, but more focused on tool room, prototype and rework.
The environment has substantial natural light windows, air conditioning.
Founded in 1968, Balance Technology Inc (BTI) is a thriving precision measurement and testing company with a strong domestic and international presence. Headquartered 5 miles from Ann Arbor, Michigan (USA), BTI specializes in advanced, automated; balancing, dimensional gaging, non-destructive testing, NVH and other precision measurement and testing systems. While the automotive industry represents a significant portion of BTI sales, the company is also active in a variety of other industries including energy and power generation, aerospace, medical, marine, rail, off-road vehicles, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to pass background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $27.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Machining: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location