The Opportunity: C++ Software Developer/Engineer
Penta's engineering team is seeking a C++ Software Developer/Engineer to enhance our real-time, computer-based communication systems incorporating digital and VoIP technologies.
- Experience using Microsoft Visual C++ is required with the ability to modify existing C++ software and develop new software to meet project specifications.
- Familiar with Linux OS.
- Applicable training, education and/or certifications is a plus.
- Work and communicate effectively with others.
- Will require teamwork, programming precision, attention to deadlines, assistance with documentation, implementation of design changes and ability to work on multiple projects.
- Some travel required.
Founded in 1976, Penta Corporation is a Metro New Orleans-based company providing products and services for public address and visual information systems used primarily in the transportation industry. Our software and hardware products support the some of the largest commuter transportation systems in the country including New York, Chicago, Washington, DC and San Francisco.
Penta promotes a team environment with a flexible work schedule along with competitive salary and excellent benefits package. We have a minimum amount of turnover and provide our team members ongoing company sponsored events where they have time to socialize in a relaxed environment. Penta is an equal opportunity employer.
Penta Corporation manufactures a premier line of converged voice and data communications and control products that effectively manage and integrate communications in dispatching, ADA-compliant audiovisual messaging, customer service and related environments.
Penta products carry out a variety of functions, including:
- Two-Way Communications / Dispatching.
- Data Transmission.
- Remote Equipment Management.
- Public Address.
- Voice and Visual Messaging.
Penta’s state of-the-art New Orleans facility is the headquarters for all operations. Engineering, manufacturing, testing and shipping all take place under one roof, enabling the company's highly experienced employees to work more efficiently and effectively to meet customer needs.
Penta's greatest strength is its people. Their extraordinary skill, unparalleled experience, professional pride, and their commitment to designing and manufacturing the most reliable communications control systems available enable the company to meet diverse customer requirements. Our ISO 9001:2015 system of quality management ensures Penta has manufactured and tested its products in accordance with thorough and well-documented procedures.
Job Type: Full-time