Laporte Engineering specializes in the supply of process, building and utilities design services to the agri-food, beverage, biotech and pharmaceutical industry sectors. With the head office in Montreal, Laporte operates in Canada, the United States and Europe. The firm has experienced over 20% average growth over the past four years and continued aggressive growth is planned. For more information, visit our website: www.laporteconsultants.com
Mechanical Engineer – Edmonton, AB
As part of an integrated project team, this junior mechanical engineer will be responsible to lead the mechanical / HVAC design for industrial building systems. Located in Edmonton, AB, this individual will report to the AB Engineering Manager.
- Participate in client needs analysis and project definition;
- Design industrial, clean and plant utilities/HVAC/plumbing systems /steam / refrigeration;
- Design of dust collection systems;
- Prepare engineering drawings and specifications;
- Evaluate and select equipment technologies and suppliers;
- Produce mechanical drawings in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Organize and maintain a design and CAD digital file database for each project.
- Carry out assignments on project design teams.
- Undertake drawings of Process, Mechanical, and Plumbing.
- Ensure the quality of design, drawings and graphics work produced for the team.
- Obtain proposals from and follow-up with suppliers and contractors
- Supervise equipment installation, start-up, commissioning and qualification;
- Partner with cross functional project team members;
- Visit and survey project sites for project related activities;
- Conduct work in accordance with Laporte Professional Practice Management Plan guidelines;
- Conduct support business development activities.
- Registered as Professional Engineer in Alberta;
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in building HVAC, plumbing and drainage, refrigeration, fire protection, steam and hot water system design;
- Solid knowledge of mechanical codes and standards including ASHRAE and NFPA;
- Excellent skills in technical support and troubleshooting;
- Flexibility to travel;
- Consulting experience is an asset.
- Excellent project management and communication skills;
- Pursuit of excellence;
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams;
- Experience with Revit MEP software;
- Experience on large scale projects;
- Ready to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong knowledge of local, Provincial and National regulations and standards.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, Laporte offers an environment that promotes accountability and professional growth. If you are interested in joining Laporte’s successful professional team, submit your resume and mention the job title in the subject line.
Laporte is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, and persons with disabilities. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent
- Registered as Professional Engineer (Required)