SPEC Services is seeking a Senior Designer for our Civil / Structural Department. The work will involve the development of structural and civil aspects of heavy industrial facilities. Industries served include oil and gas production, petroleum pipelines, oil refining, water treatment, gas compression, equipment buildings and other industrial facilities.
A Lead Designer is responsible for the development of detailed design and construction drawings for projects. Typical design elements include grading and surfacing, equipment foundations, pipe supports, platforming, and associated civil/structural systems. Candidates must have the ability to work independently on multiple small projects and/or lead a team on larger projects. The position requires the ability to work closely with engineers and designers from all disciplines, as well as directing the work of the Civil / Structural design team. A broad understanding of all aspects of civil and structural design is required.
A qualified candidate for the Lead Civil Designer must have:
- 7-10 years of experience in the design of structural and civil elements of projects in the Oil and Gas Industry
- A strong proficiency with Autodesk products, including AutoCAD, Civil 3D & Revit. Experience with Navisworks and/or Infraworks a plus.
- The ability to work within a 3-D CAD environment
- A strong working knowledge of site layout, grading, storm water design and permitting.
- The ability to create clear and concise construction drawings for typical project elements including ground improvements, grading and drainage, concrete foundations with location plans and structural steel supports and platforms.
- The ability to organize construction documents from beginning to end with little to minor direction.
- A thorough understanding of codes and regulatory requirements for the design of the elements listed above.
- The experience to perform a thorough quality control review of construction documents.
- The skill to manage the project budget and schedule as well as prioritizing assignments
- Effective communications with other team members.
If you are interested in a position with responsibility, challenge, and opportunity in a company with an excellent work environment, competitive compensation and superior benefits, please send your resume to:
SPEC SERVICES, INC.
Attn: Human Resources Manager
10540 Talbert Avenue
Suite 100 East
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
FAX (714) 963-0364
SPEC Services, Inc. is a successful Engineering, Design and Project Management Company headquartered in Orange County, California. In 35 years, SPEC Services has been developed and defined through the hard work of many people with a common passion for delivering excellent client service. We serve our clients and communities through effective System Planning, Engineering, and Coordinating of energy, process, utility, and water resource facilities. A major factor in this success has been the creation of a working environment that fosters the development of creative and innovative people, leaders, and teams.
Our firm provides planning, engineering, design, and project management services for oil and gas production facilities, petroleum refineries, water and wastewater treatment and pipeline conveyance systems for major industrial clients and public agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 7 years (Required)