The Professional Services group of BluMetric Environmental Inc. is looking for an energetic Environmental Engineer to further add to the bench strength in the Ottawa Office.
This role will focus on the environmental engineering aspects of waste management and site assessment and remediation projects. The individual will have practical experience and will take the lead on engineering projects. The successful candidate will delegate and oversee the work of field and/or professional staff and provide mentoring to these individuals. The individual will need strong communication and organizational skills to be involved with many projects simultaneously and identify client and business opportunities. Bilingual (French) would be a significant asset.
Duties & Job Responsibilities
- Manage and provide technical input of all aspects of the project life-cycle, including but not limited to: identifying clients or business opportunities; define project scope, cost, and schedule for client proposals; planning of work, execution of technical / field programs; design and/or reporting; presentations to client; implementation of recommendations or future needs analysis; and client follow up.
- Lead Intermediate and Junior professionals on engineering projects.
- Generate, maintain, and grow client list.
- Manage projects in accordance with BluMetric Quality Management System (QMS).
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Civil, Geological or Environmental Engineering degree with P.Eng. Designation in Ontario.
- 5 to 10 years environmental engineering experience.
- Experience in solid waste management engineering including: landfill permitting and approvals, detailed design, closure, operations management, and leachate treatment.
- Experience in costing waste management options (capital, operating, and legacy).
- Experience with construction document preparation, specifications, contractor selection, and contractor management.
- Ability to liaise with engineering design sub-contractors on engineering design and construction projects (review of Structural Designs, Costing, and Construction Site Supervision). Specific to specification design review and assessing project implications.
- Familiarity with current Ontario environmental regulations and guidelines related to waste management, air, groundwater, surface water, soils, and/or sediment.
- Familiarity with current safety regulations and best practices. .
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, including the ability to write polished professional technical reports. Bilingual (French) written and verbal skills would be a significant asset.
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites (northern Canada) and other offices with some overnight travel and flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
About BluMetric Environmental Inc.
BluMetric Environmental Inc. is a publicly traded cleantech company with a portfolio of industry-leading engineering services and proprietary equipment providing sustainable solutions to environmental challenges. Professional services include, site assessment and remediation, water resource management, industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety and geomatics. Our design-build and pre-engineered products provide solutions to industrial and commercial water and wastewater treatment needs. Established in 1976, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, BluMetric’s award-winning team of industry experts serves clients in Canada, the United States, and Central America.
BluMetric is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act (AODA). Accommodations due to a disability are available upon request.
BluMetric is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Closing Date: until filled
We thank all candidates for applying. We will only contact candidates selected for further consideration. No telephone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time